Showing results 1 to 25 of 388
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Channel Jumper
Forum: Equipment April 18th 18, 11:11 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Channel Jumper
I will admit that it helped me years ago to only...

I will admit that it helped me years ago to only learn the right answer and not see all the possible answers at one time. But this test has been dumbed down to the point of where it makes no sense...
Forum: Scanner July 15th 16, 10:29 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Channel Jumper
Today, you can purchase a Beofung or Woushun...

Today, you can purchase a Beofung or Woushun handi talkie that can be programmed to not only monitor, but also transmit on most any frequency from 110 Mhz to 480 Mhz, and they even have ones that...
Forum: Equipment July 15th 16, 10:17 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Channel Jumper
Steppir is a junk antenna that works on the...

Steppir is a junk antenna that works on the principal of a trombone slide.

The Steppir uses a stepper motor to move the trombone elements in and out.

If you ever saw the workings inside of a...
Forum: Equipment May 9th 16, 03:15 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Channel Jumper
Look at it from my standpoint. Honesty is the...

Look at it from my standpoint.

Honesty is the best policy.

If you lie to me and you sell off all of your inventory and you get rid of everything except the name and you sell the name to someone...
Forum: Broadcasting April 15th 16, 02:19 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Channel Jumper
Commercial FM Broadcast Stations turning out the lights in Europe

Norway to become first country to turn off FM radio..

Norway is set to become the first country to permanently click the off button on FM...
Forum: Info March 8th 16, 10:20 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Channel Jumper
As a former member of The ARRL, It is - in my...

As a former member of The ARRL,
It is - in my opinion, a total waste of money to even think of trying to defend a bunch of morons that moved into a place that does not allow any sort of antenna and...
Forum: CB February 9th 16, 10:38 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Channel Jumper
fcc Daily Digest

TOMMIE SALTER. Issued a monetary forfeiture in the amount of $3,000 to Tommie Salter for refusing to allow an inspection of his Citizen Band (CB) radio station by Commission agents. Action by:...
Forum: Antenna February 5th 16, 02:31 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Channel Jumper
You can buy stainless steel tape at most welding...

You can buy stainless steel tape at most welding shops.
The tape is used to protect threads and valuable machined parts from weld slag. If you apply it to the copper, the aluminum will not...
Forum: Equipment January 6th 16, 07:26 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Channel Jumper
With amplitude modulation, I don't think it...

With amplitude modulation, I don't think it really mattered much, especially on CW.
The only experience I had with the older tube type stuff was with the Collins, Hammurlund, Viking Valiant,...
Forum: Homebrew October 22nd 15, 03:48 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Channel Jumper
Were you born stupid, or were you dropped on your...

Were you born stupid, or were you dropped on your head as a child.
The name of the manufacturer is plainly printed on the blueprint for the tower.

http://www.tashtowers.com/

5 - 80 lbs bags of...
Forum: Scanner September 9th 15, 04:55 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Channel Jumper
Most Bearcat scanners, you first put it in VFO...

Most Bearcat scanners, you first put it in VFO mode and then you tune to the frequency you desire and then you hit the save button and assign it a channel number.

Or you can press the Enter button...
Forum: CB August 23rd 15, 12:18 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Channel Jumper
I will sell you my Kenwood TS 590S for $2150.00 (...

I will sell you my Kenwood TS 590S for $2150.00 ( US Currency ) and then you can talk to anyone you want...

Included in the sale is a previously owned, but in like new condition, Avanti MoonRaker...
Forum: Scanner July 23rd 15, 02:16 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Channel Jumper
Electra Corporation, A Division of MASCO...

Electra Corporation, A Division of MASCO Corporation, Cumberland Indiana was the company that manufactured the older model of scanner - same model for Uniden - before they started using a offshore...
Forum: Scanner July 23rd 15, 02:12 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Channel Jumper
The Uniden Bearcat BC-210XLT is a full featured,...

The Uniden Bearcat BC-210XLT is a full featured, 40 channel (two banks of 20) scanner that covers VHF Low Band, Air Band, VHF High Band and UHF. The Priority channel is checked every two seconds....
Forum: Boatanchors June 12th 15, 01:27 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Channel Jumper
If the fans are forcing the air in, it is forcing...

If the fans are forcing the air in, it is forcing the hot air deeper inside of the heat sink, making it hotter, not colder - unless the air outside of the radio is colder than the air inside of the...
Forum: Antenna June 6th 15, 02:52 PM
Replies: 79
Posted By Channel Jumper
2x what Jim Higgins said! I worked for a...

2x what Jim Higgins said!

I worked for a Automotive Salvage Yard and at one time the owner of the junk yard allowed the employees to keep all the used batteries that did not have a full charge or...
Forum: Boatanchors June 3rd 15, 07:16 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Channel Jumper
So instead of having to pay top dollar for a part...

So instead of having to pay top dollar for a part you need to resurrect your old Tektronix Sillyscope, you figure that if you say you are a collector, someone might give you a couple - for the cost...
Forum: Equipment May 17th 15, 11:29 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Channel Jumper
And this event was licensed HOW? These little...

And this event was licensed HOW?

These little beauties as you put it, are not compatible with GMRS or LMRS rules - Part 90.
They have a detachable antenna and they put out more than one half of one...
Forum: Equipment May 5th 15, 04:00 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Channel Jumper
What do you consider expensive? Icom - I can...

What do you consider expensive?
Icom - I can barely Monitor - you get what you paid for!
You should have known that it was a POS before you bought it.
Hey, guess what? ICOM did the exact same thing...
Forum: Equipment April 21st 15, 04:05 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Channel Jumper
The reason why the price of used equipment has...

The reason why the price of used equipment has become so inflated is because the CB'rs are involved and they are the type of person that wants every penny that they paid for a radio - 20 years ago,...
Forum: Equipment April 21st 15, 03:44 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Channel Jumper
Actually the exact opposite is what I have...

Actually the exact opposite is what I have observed from my point of view.
As long as the amateur radio community is handing out Technician Class Licenses, and as long as repeater owners are linking...
Forum: Homebrew April 11th 15, 11:46 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Channel Jumper
GE DELTA help needed

I am looking for a programmer and a chip for a GE Delta radio - 2 Meters, that I would like to use for Packet.
Forum: Antenna April 6th 15, 01:20 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Channel Jumper
Hey, don't pick on Gareth, just because his shirt...

Hey, don't pick on Gareth, just because his shirt is white and yours isn't, isn't any reason to pick on the guy!
Gareth brings up some good points.
I can't help it if most of you don't have anything...
Forum: Dx March 26th 15, 08:40 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Channel Jumper
It's the same chicken **** bull**** no matter...

It's the same chicken **** bull**** no matter where you go.
When you get a bunch of old and or retired people on the radio or the internet, sooner or later bullying will occur. For some dumb reason...
Forum: Antenna March 14th 15, 02:24 AM
Replies: 59
Posted By Channel Jumper
"Tom W3TDH" [email protected] wrote in...

"Tom W3TDH" wrote in message
...[i]

As I already said I am not totally conversant with D-STAR. I was under the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 388