Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michael Coslo
Forum: Antenna April 21st 12, 03:59 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Michael Coslo
This group

Whatever happened to Roy Lewallen, and there were some other real
experts here.

Even the court Jester, Art Unwin, hope nothing has happened to him.

I do see Cecil is still here.

- 73 de Mike...
Forum: Antenna March 6th 12, 12:18 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Michael Coslo
New wonder mode

On 3/5/12 12:00 PM, Wayne wrote:

Yeah, I read further though. It's one of those things where infinite
bandwidth requires infinite power, And...
Forum: Antenna March 4th 12, 03:24 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Michael Coslo
New wonder mode

On 3/3/12 9:40 PM, wrote:

You only have to read as far as:

"This novel radio technique allows the implementation of, in principle, an
infinite number of channels in...
Forum: Antenna February 24th 12, 03:23 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Michael Coslo
Looking For April 1967 QST Article

On 2/23/12 1:10 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Good plan. I just received an email from ARRL member services asking
which book I might want. Of course, I picked one of the antenna
Forum: Antenna February 22nd 12, 10:48 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Michael Coslo
Looking For April 1967 QST Article

On 2/21/12 12:17 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

However, this offers the chance to rant a little. I renewed my ARRL
membership about a month ago. A few days later, the third renewal
notice...
Forum: Antenna February 11th 12, 04:11 AM
Replies: 216
Posted By Michael Coslo
Increasing Cable TV signal strength

Yawn. You constantly harp about having to meet specs in medical, but
whine like a drunken jackass when other businesses have to meet their
Forum: Antenna February 9th 12, 02:30 AM
Replies: 216
Posted By Michael Coslo
Increasing Cable TV signal strength

On 2/8/12 7:27 PM, Sal wrote:
wrote in message
Hi All,
I'm on a boat, about 170ft from the utility post.
Forum: Antenna November 25th 11, 03:43 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Michael Coslo
JB Weld Waterweld and/or Loctite repair epoxy for dipole insulators??

On 11/23/2011 10:57 AM, Jayson wrote:
No, according to their website, standard JB Weld and Waterweld are
nonconductive. I have some hardened Waterweld here that I just tested
with the ohmeter...
Forum: Antenna October 12th 11, 03:20 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Michael Coslo
antenna question

On 10/11/2011 5:59 PM, Owen Duffy wrote:

You gave lots of info on the system, well done, but ommitted the preferred
feed line length.

It may well be that your preferred feedline length...
Forum: Antenna October 12th 11, 03:11 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Michael Coslo
antenna question

On 10/11/2011 9:51 AM, 'Doc wrote:

(Wish I had that 60 - 70 foot height capability!)

Here in Park Forest ( i kid you not) we have some really amazing oak
trees. I could get 100 feet if I didn't...
Forum: Antenna October 11th 11, 03:58 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Michael Coslo
antenna question

Taking a break from computers, I had an actual practical question about
an antenna. Sort of hypothetical, but maybe some practical use.

Situation:

Yard with a maximum antenna possibility of 100...
Forum: Antenna October 11th 11, 03:48 AM
Replies: 45
Posted By Michael Coslo
back and front MALWARE girl

On 10/10/2011 5:17 AM, Rob wrote:
It's 100 percent true. An Apple costs more than a Windows computer -
although not all that much when comparable...
Forum: Antenna October 11th 11, 03:38 AM
Replies: 45
Posted By Michael Coslo
back and front MALWARE girl

Forum: Antenna October 10th 11, 03:00 AM
Replies: 45
Posted By Michael Coslo
back and front MALWARE girl

On 10/7/2011 5:26 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

One of my bad jokes is that I would be out of business if Microsoft
had done a better job. There's quite a bit of truth to that.

It's 100 percent...
Forum: Antenna October 7th 11, 02:18 AM
Replies: 45
Posted By Michael Coslo
back and front MALWARE girl

On 10/5/2011 10:26 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

I use "BSODs" generically for any unrecoverable error that the 3 Finger
Mickey...
Forum: Antenna October 12th 10, 06:11 PM
Replies: 208
Posted By Michael Coslo
Antenna materials

K1TTT wrote:

no, the flow of electrons stays in the antenna and is sinusoidal...
they do not jump off the antenna.

Accch! Look what happens when I take a weekend off!

Okay now. I have the N3LI...
Forum: Antenna October 6th 10, 05:55 PM
Replies: 208
Posted By Michael Coslo
Antenna materials

wrote:
Antennas usually are made of aluminum as copper is somewhat heavier
and silver and gold is to expensive. Since lead...
Forum: Antenna October 1st 10, 06:24 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By Michael Coslo
Elevated vs buried radials

Owen wrote:

So, my original question is no so much suggesting everyone else got it
wrong, but why don't I seem more people doing it this way. Could I be
forgive in thinking that the popular,...
Forum: Homebrew September 23rd 10, 07:04 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Michael Coslo
Homemade 2m FM transceiver?

Rob wrote:

Of course from the ninetees it has been decaying, and today there are only
a few frequencies where local groups are QRV and sometimes talking a
little. The repeaters are mostly...
Forum: Antenna September 9th 10, 05:55 PM
Replies: 148
Posted By Michael Coslo
Recognition of the Aether presence or not

Cecil Moore wrote:
On Sep 3, 7:43 am, Michael Coslo wrote:
Might as well just say the answer is because God wants it that way.

Please note: As ignorance is slowly alleviated...
Forum: Antenna September 9th 10, 05:44 PM
Replies: 148
Posted By Michael Coslo
Recognition of the Aether presence or not

John Smith wrote:

no, its positive result was the acceleration caused by the rotation of
the earth, as in the michelson-morley experiment they...
Forum: Antenna September 9th 10, 05:42 PM
Replies: 148
Posted By Michael Coslo
Recognition of the Aether presence or not

Cecil Moore wrote:
On Sep 5, 7:50 pm, "K" wrote:
I wonder if ether and dark energy are related?

Let's call it "quantum ether" to distinguish it from the earlier
obsolete...
Forum: Antenna September 3rd 10, 01:43 PM
Replies: 148
Posted By Michael Coslo
Recognition of the Aether presence or not

John Smith wrote:

As you have presented this argument in the past, it cannot either be
proven, nor dis-proven--and must be considered.

Looking into the modern theories of Aether, your...
Forum: Antenna September 3rd 10, 01:31 PM
Replies: 148
Posted By Michael Coslo
Recognition of the Aether presence or not

tom wrote:
On 9/1/2010 9:32 AM, Michael Coslo wrote:
tom wrote:
On Aug 28, 3:26 pm, Art Unwin...
Forum: Antenna September 1st 10, 03:32 PM
Replies: 148

tom wrote:
On 8/30/2010 11:39 AM, Michael Coslo wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
On Aug 28, 3:26 pm, Art Unwin wrote:
Whoa!You are talking apples and oranges.

Showing results 1 to 25 of 500