Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Forum: Moderated June 26th 07, 06:36 AM
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
Field Day?

Our 1B WV K8MN operation (K8MN + N8NN) used a single HF transceiver
with TR for logging on a laptop computer. Our primary antenna was a
200' flattop which varied in height--60 feet at one end and...
Forum: Moderated June 22nd 07, 04:17 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
Field Day?

On Jun 19, 2:50 am, wrote:
Folks,

What are people doing for Field Day this year?

73 de Jim, N2EY

N8NN and I will be on the grounds of his place near Moundsville, WV.
The...
Forum: Moderated May 21st 07, 05:38 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Is your station photogenic?

On May 21, 3:18 am, KHB wrote:

In what must be a tribute to your Nordic roots, your shack is perhaps
the most...
Forum: Moderated May 20th 07, 09:19 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Is your station photogenic?

On May 19, 4:04 am, KHB wrote:

I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours!

http://home.earthlink.net/~k0hb/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpicture...

73, de Hans,...
Forum: Moderated May 17th 07, 04:55 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Radial laying methods

On May 16, 7:45 pm, Steve Bonine wrote:
RDWeaver wrote:

So I did what any other nut would have done, I bought a...
Forum: Moderated May 2nd 07, 10:48 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Kachina 505DSP equivalents

On May 2, 3:49 am, RDWeaver wrote:
It's becoming evident that the housing market here is going to force
me into a remote HF site for serious contesting and DXing.

Forum: Moderated April 30th 07, 05:26 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
2m FM calling practices

On Apr 29, 5:16 pm, "The Shadow" wrote:

In the USA, CQ is not used for VHF/UHF FM. Simply callsign monitoring.
CQ is used for the VHF/UHF SSB mode

Lamont

In some areas of...
Forum: Moderated March 16th 07, 06:28 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Public service and ham radio

On Mar 14, 5:20 pm, Steve Bonine wrote:
I don't know when you came into amateur radio,...
Forum: Moderated March 14th 07, 06:56 AM
Replies: 69
Posted By [email protected]
Extension of PSK segment

On Mar 13, 5:01 pm, Michael Coslo wrote:
What is the process of modifying the gentlemen's agreements?
Specifically, I would like to explore the idea of adding a new PSK31
segment...
Forum: Moderated March 13th 07, 11:27 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Public service and ham radio

Reading the recent thread on antenna restrictions has me musing about
public-service aspects of ham radio. This has always been an...
Forum: Moderated March 6th 07, 03:30 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
Tube equipment question

On Mar 5, 3:20 pm, Michael Coslo wrote:
wrote:

The 75m transceiver is the HW-12A. It...
Forum: Moderated March 5th 07, 07:09 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
Tube equipment question

On Mar 5, 3:26 am, Mike Coslo wrote:

The simplicity was what attracted me...
Forum: Moderated March 5th 07, 07:08 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
Tube equipment question

On Mar 4, 11:21 pm, "
wrote:

Some...
Forum: Moderated March 4th 07, 09:53 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
Tube equipment question

Solid state transmitters are notoriously finicky about matching to the
antenna. Tube equipment is not, so I am told, and early...
Forum: Moderated March 1st 07, 04:55 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Encouraging LOTW

On Feb 28, 9:50 pm, Rich McAllister K6RFM wrote:
writes:
DX hams have to copy
Forum: Moderated February 28th 07, 03:14 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Let's have some fun with phonetics

On Feb 27, 9:05 am, "Ivor Jones" wrote:

"Bill Horne, W1AC"...
Forum: Moderated February 28th 07, 03:13 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Emergency power alternatives

On Feb 26, 7:37 pm, "Bill Horne, W1AC"
wrote:
Fellow ham,

A post from LA4RT has made me realize that "Human powered" power
generation is too narrow a scope for this...
Forum: Moderated February 28th 07, 12:00 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Encouraging LOTW

On Feb 27, 10:46 am, Rich McAllister K6RFM wrote:
Just had an interesting conversation on IRC with some DL hams, who
mentioned that they haven't signed up for "Logbook of the...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18