Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave[_18_]
Forum: Antenna January 19th 09, 03:53 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Dave[_18_]
loops and 4:1 baluns

Cecil Moore wrote:
Ed Cregger wrote:
Very true, but often times they work well enough with varying
impedances to get us on the air. If it is that or nothing, then I'm
all for doing it.
Forum: Shortwave January 19th 09, 03:51 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave[_18_]
Grounding question

wrote:
I plan to build a random wire antenna in my backyard with an RG8X
feedline.

I want to ground the feedline just before it enters the house.

Can I connect the...
Forum: Shortwave January 19th 09, 03:08 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Dave[_18_]
Monitoring times "Change" the nutty obama future version of SW

dxAce wrote:

BCBlazysusan wrote:

On Jan 18, 9:10 pm, Telamon
What's wrong with these "the future is digital" guys? When the...
Forum: Shortwave January 19th 09, 03:06 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Dave[_18_]
Cease Fire Reached.....

dxAce wrote:

Michael "I'm a college professor with a PhD" Bryant wrote:

Now here's the thing. �They never declared...
Forum: Shortwave January 19th 09, 03:05 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Dave[_18_]
The Bush Legacy

wrote:

So you can say that President Bush's approval rating was down, but it was still
greater than the 'rat...
Forum: Shortwave January 18th 09, 04:14 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave[_18_]
Back-to-Normal -was- Weird Night here for DXing

RHF wrote:
On Jan 17, 4:22 am, RHF wrote:

Tonight was back to normal on the 41m SW Band.

6160 kHz had a good signal for CKZU [CBU] from
Vancouver, BC...
Forum: Shortwave January 18th 09, 04:09 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave[_18_]
WOON Test

BCBlazysusan wrote:
I did manage to hear the DX test conducted by WOON 1240 Woonsocket, RI, which
ran between 2 and 3 AM EST, January...
Forum: Antenna January 18th 09, 01:44 AM
Replies: 43
Posted By Dave[_18_]
N power connector rating?

JB wrote:
Like I said, we "permanently" adapt N to BNC inside the lab. I've never
used an N in a situation where a BNC wouldn't have worked*. I guess the
threads make the connection more...
Forum: Antenna January 18th 09, 12:42 AM
Replies: 43
Posted By Dave[_18_]
N power connector rating?

christofire wrote:

So refreshing to see someone stating it correctly when all around there are
folk who harbour mistaken beliefs that 50 and 75 ohm BNC pins have different
mating...
Forum: Antenna January 17th 09, 11:42 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By Dave[_18_]
N power connector rating?

JB wrote:
The "N" male will plug into a "BNC"
female,the BNC without its locking ring will plug into an "N"female!

The N male pin is usually larger than the BNC fem center...
Forum: Shortwave January 17th 09, 11:27 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Dave[_18_]
The Bush Legacy

wrote:
Whatever history's verdict on the Bush administration might be, it is
likely to be very different from what we hear from the talking heads
on television or read...
Forum: Shortwave January 16th 09, 03:46 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Dave[_18_]
Are hams terrorists?

Ian Jackson wrote:
In message
,

.

Gee, the date on that story was April 1, 2008. Could that be a clue?

I'm...
Forum: Antenna January 16th 09, 03:45 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By Dave[_18_]
N power connector rating?

Dave wrote:
JB wrote:

???

I busted the rings off plain old 50 Ohm BNC cables, at the far end. How
does this threaten my Rohde and Schwarz? We never use N cables. We
Forum: Antenna January 16th 09, 03:39 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By Dave[_18_]
N power connector rating?

JB wrote:
One thing further- IF you check, you will see that the...
Forum: Antenna January 16th 09, 03:34 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Dave[_18_]
Vertical antenna for DX

Richard Clark wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:00:14 -0800 (PST), Art Unwin
wrote:

On Jan 15, 8:05 am, Dave wrote:
counterpoise

Are we talking...
Forum: Shortwave January 16th 09, 03:28 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Dave[_18_]
Are hams terrorists?

radioguy wrote:

Actually, there are some Doctor Who books written by a guy whose last
name really is Lucifer.

Lofficer is French for Lucifer.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/lucere
Forum: Antenna January 15th 09, 03:05 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Dave[_18_]
Vertical antenna for DX

Peter wrote:
I'm thinking of getting one of these for the roof:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/315

That's my plan as the garage has a large surface area galvanized steel roof.

Forum: Antenna January 15th 09, 02:35 PM
Replies: 80
Posted By Dave[_18_]
Contrary current flow within a radiator

Richard Fry wrote:
On Jan 14, 12:07 am, Art Unwin wrote:

It has not yet been proven that current does not flow thru
the center of a radiator.

Assuming that significant r-f current...
Forum: Antenna January 15th 09, 02:29 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By Dave[_18_]
N power connector rating?

Jerry wrote:
Hi Dave

I must have ,made a mistake when copying that link. This one shows me
that a N connector will handle over a KW average at frequencies "ML" is
considering.
Forum: Shortwave January 15th 09, 02:19 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Dave[_18_]
Are hams terrorists?

radioguy wrote:
Take a look at the excuses the U.S. feds gave.

I don't know if all of these people really were terrorists or not as
the feds claim, however looking at the reasons the feds...
Forum: Shortwave January 15th 09, 02:17 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave[_18_]
These people didn't care hams help with emergency services

dxAce wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:

oh, and those little...
Forum: Shortwave January 15th 09, 02:17 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave[_18_]
why autopatches,ham radio, and CB radios are still good

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
radioguy wrote:

There are hardly any pay phones around anymore. There used to be lots.
Now there's almost none. Sure, the little booths that say "phone" are
Forum: Shortwave January 15th 09, 02:15 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave[_18_]
These people didn't care hams help with emergency services

Brenda Ann wrote:

Our government is already giving voice to delaying the analog TV shutoff
date, because they've run out of money for the converter coupon plan, and
there are still...
Forum: Shortwave January 15th 09, 02:12 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave[_18_]
FCC Consumer Facts : Communicating During Emergencies -&- EmergencyAlert System (EAS)

radioguy wrote:

However, the FCC rules clearly say that I can transmit regular ham
radio on those exact same police frequencies even where the police can
hear me
doing so as long as I'm...
Forum: Shortwave January 15th 09, 02:10 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave[_18_]
AFN Diego Garcia on 4319 kHz [USB] @ 13:30 UTC

RHF wrote:

- .
- .
DXing : About the Grey-Line Propagation
-aka- "Terminator" Day-to-Night [Solar] Global Image Maps
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500