RadioBanter

-   -   More IBOC Crap (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/100075-more-iboc-crap.html)

dxAce July 28th 06 08:37 PM

More IBOC Crap

I was just tuning around with the SR II and tuned in WJR 760 Detroit, and even
putting WBBM 780 Chicago in the null I was still getting a lot of IBOC Crap on
760.

IBOC = QRM

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Telamon July 28th 06 10:02 PM

More IBOC Crap

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

I was just tuning around with the SR II and tuned in WJR 760 Detroit, and even
putting WBBM 780 Chicago in the null I was still getting a lot of IBOC Crap on
760.

IBOC = QRM

That's because it was misnamed IBOC. It should be IBOAC for In Band On
All Channels. It's hard to get all the modulator, transmitter, and
antenna parameters right or it spreads out.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

[email protected] July 29th 06 12:15 AM

More IBOC Crap

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dxAce wrote:

I was just tuning around with the SR II and tuned in WJR 760 Detroit, and even
putting WBBM 780 Chicago in the null I was still getting a lot of IBOC Crap on
760.

IBOC = QRM

That's because it was misnamed IBOC. It should be IBOAC for In Band On
All Channels. It's hard to get all the modulator, transmitter, and
antenna parameters right or it spreads out.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

If you want more IBOC crap, go look at DE's posts on radio-info.com's
HD board.

Steve July 29th 06 01:10 AM

More IBOC Crap

wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dxAce wrote:

I was just tuning around with the SR II and tuned in WJR 760 Detroit, and even
putting WBBM 780 Chicago in the null I was still getting a lot of IBOC Crap on
760.

IBOC = QRM

That's because it was misnamed IBOC. It should be IBOAC for In Band On
All Channels. It's hard to get all the modulator, transmitter, and
antenna parameters right or it spreads out.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

If you want more IBOC crap, go look at DE's posts on radio-info.com's
HD board.

He's just as BUSTED there as he is here. I initially thought he was a
young person, yanking people's chains, not really understanding what
he's talking about but also not caring that he didn't understand.
However, if you look at the photo of him on that NAB website, he's an
old guy! I couldn't believe it.

[email protected] July 29th 06 01:47 AM

More IBOC Crap

It ought to be called ICRAP.

Want to buy a house? www.sabrinasoldit.com
cuhulin

Steve July 29th 06 11:37 AM

More IBOC Crap

Mike wrote:
In article . com,
"Steve" wrote:

wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dxAce wrote:

[...]

Doesn't matter. You're a dumb ass!

Mike

Mike = Tardo

John Steffes July 29th 06 12:00 PM

More IBOC Crap

dxAce wrote:
I was just tuning around with the SR II and tuned in WJR 760 Detroit, and even
putting WBBM 780 Chicago in the null I was still getting a lot of IBOC Crap on
760.

IBOC = QRM

dxAce
Michigan
USA

WJR is a clear channel, high power station. It should be booming at your
20 with the rig you have indicated.

John

[email protected] July 29th 06 04:02 PM

More IBOC Crap

Steve wrote:
wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dxAce wrote:

[...]

If you already didn't know, I think he is a Univision executive...

Steve July 29th 06 04:20 PM

More IBOC Crap

wrote:
Steve wrote:
wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dxAce wrote:

[...]

Yeah, although he can't get his story straight about exactly what his
job title is. Sometimes it's VP, sometimes it's President. Judging from
the record, he was a President some years ago and is now a VP. Would be
interesting to know how that little shift came about. But whatever his
title, he's a sad commentary on Univision.

David Eduardo July 29th 06 04:24 PM

More IBOC Crap

wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]