RadioBanter

-   -   STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/100594-station-13-556-00-mhz-lsb.html)

N9OGL August 5th 06 05:51 AM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

Omega One Radio is on the air now on 13.556.00 MHz on Lower Side band.
We have fixed the audio so the audio is a lot stronger now, then
before.

Todd Daugherty N9OGL
OMEGA ONE RADIO
13.556.00 MHz. LSB

Omega One Radio Blog
http://n9ogl.blogspot.com

August 5th 06 08:27 AM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

are you using an ex Ham transmitter?
I hear with LSB/USB get further than AM but is the LSB really wide enough
for quality audio? Got a grandpappys MP1000 here that will rag 50 watts AM
all day long, but the band width is to narrow for anything like nice music
audio... Speech is nice though. Maybe there is a wider AM filter than stock,
some Ham wizardry to make it fit a decent audio element on to the carrier,

Not Lloyd August 5th 06 10:04 AM

wrote in message
are you using an ex Ham transmitter?
I hear with LSB/USB get further than AM but is the LSB really wide enough
for quality audio? Got a grandpappys MP1000 here that will rag 50 watts AM
all day long, but the band width is to narrow for anything like nice music
audio... Speech is nice though. Maybe there is a wider AM filter than stock,
some Ham wizardry to make it fit a decent audio element on to the carrier,

.................................................. .....................

Transmitting on illegal frequencies with an illegal transceiver?
Only stupid Toad would do that.

Gather around the legal frequencies this evening at 14.331 as we get a forum
of LEGAL Hams together to discuss the nefarious activities of Toad and
Roger. Look for this forum to begin on or about nine p.m. eastern time. Toad
cannot join in, nor can KB9RQZ, since they are not licensed for this freq.
Roger needs no invitation...he will lurk and jam as he sees fit.

Steveo August 5th 06 12:49 PM

How the **** do you do that with a tech license Davies, you fat ****stain?

dxAce August 5th 06 12:53 PM

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Not Lloyd" wrote in message

wrote in message
are you using an ex Ham transmitter?
I hear with LSB/USB get further than AM but is the LSB really wide enough
for quality audio? Got a grandpappys MP1000 here that will rag 50 watts AM
all day long, but the band width is to narrow for anything like nice
music
audio... Speech is nice though. Maybe there is a wider AM filter than
stock,
some Ham wizardry to make it fit a decent audio element on to the carrier,

.................................................. ....................

Transmitting on illegal frequencies with an illegal transceiver?
Only stupid Toad would do that.

The frequency he is using is legal with an output of 10000uV/m at 30m.
That's a pretty good signal just to play with. This can go quite a long ways
via skywave, and even a good distance via ground wave with a sensitive
receiver.

That's up in the HiFer band. Lots of beacons operating up there with very low
power.

http://www.lwca.org/sitepage/part15/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dxAce August 5th 06 01:19 PM

dxAce wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Not Lloyd" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

At 1215 I can copy the 'HI' beacon operating around 13558 out of Connecticut.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

an_old_friend August 5th 06 01:46 PM

wrote:
The frequency he is using is legal with an output of 10000uV/m at 30m.
That's a pretty good signal just to play with. This can go quite a long ways
via skywave, and even a good distance via ground wave with a sensitive
receiver.

yup that's QRP alright.

indeed I just the wanna be radio cops they and folks like are giving
Ham radio a bad name and rep

k35454 August 5th 06 07:25 PM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

"N9OGL" wrote in message
ups.com...
Omega One Radio is on the air now on 13.556.00 MHz on Lower Side band.
We have fixed the audio so the audio is a lot stronger now, then
before.

Todd Daugherty N9OGL
OMEGA ONE RADIO
13.556.00 MHz. LSB

Omega One Radio Blog
http://n9ogl.blogspot.com

When ? I don't hear nothin'. k35454

an_old_friend August 5th 06 07:47 PM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

k35454 wrote:
"N9OGL" wrote in message
ups.com...
Omega One Radio is on the air now on 13.556.00 MHz on Lower Side band.
We have fixed the audio so the audio is a lot stronger now, then
before.

Todd Daugherty N9OGL
OMEGA ONE RADIO
13.556.00 MHz. LSB

Omega One Radio Blog
http://n9ogl.blogspot.com

When ? I don't hear nothin'. k35454

well if you truly hear nothing why do yuo exoect t Todd's station?

Slow Code August 5th 06 08:20 PM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

"N9OGL" wrote in
ups.com:

Omega One Radio is on the air now on 13.556.00 MHz on Lower Side band.
We have fixed the audio so the audio is a lot stronger now, then
before.

Todd Daugherty N9OGL
OMEGA ONE RADIO
13.556.00 MHz. LSB

Omega One Radio Blog
http://n9ogl.blogspot.com

What is the content?

an_old_friend August 5th 06 08:34 PM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

Slow Code wrote:
"N9OGL" wrote in
ups.com:

What is the content?

not cw I suspect so move on

unless you are going accuse him of amime jpg uu3ncoded by means of morse

Slow Code August 8th 06 12:28 AM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

dxAce wrote in
:

N9OGL wrote:

Not Lloyd wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Before you go around spouting that I'm running illegal, I would
suggestion that you read Part 15 (47 CFR 15) but more to the point 47
CFR 15.225

How much power you running? Unable to hear you here, but I'll give a
listen again tomorrow if you're still up and running.

10000uV/m at 30m is the maximum. How much power into an isotropic
radiator give 10000uV/m at 30m. Of course, when the antenna has gain,
power has to be reduced to avoid illegal operation.

John - KD5YI August 8th 06 04:21 AM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

Slow Code wrote:
dxAce wrote in
:

N9OGL wrote:

Not Lloyd wrote:

wrote in message
are you using an ex Ham transmitter?
I hear with LSB/USB get further than AM but is the LSB really wide
enough for quality audio? Got a grandpappys MP1000 here that will rag
50 watts AM all day long, but the band width is to narrow for
anything like nice music audio... Speech is nice though. Maybe there
is a wider AM filter than stock, some Ham wizardry to make it fit a
decent audio element on to the carrier,

.............................................. ........................

[...]

My guess is 3 mW.

John

Roy Lewallen August 8th 06 06:12 AM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

Brenda Ann wrote:
"John - KD5YI" wrote in message
. . .

My guess is 3 mW.

John

The level is the same as emissions within the CB band:

Sec. 15.227 Operation within the band 26.96-27.28 MHz.

(a) The field strength of any emission within this band shall not exceed
10,000 microvolts/meter at 3 meters. The emission limit in this paragraph is
based on measurement instrumentation employing an average detector. The
provisions in Sec. 15.35 for limiting peak emissions apply.
. . .

The amount of power applied to an isotropic radiator which will generate
10,000 uV/m at 3 meters is 30 microwatts. This assumes that the 3 meter
distance is in the far field, or that it's measured in the far field and
extrapolated to 3 meters as though 3 meters were in the far field, which
is the method and assumption used by the FCC.

A simple dipole reduces the permissible power to about 23 uW, and ground
reflections will typically nearly double the field strength, so a safe
power level would be about 6 microwatts into a dipole antenna over
ground for someone interested in conforming to the regulations.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

John - KD5YI August 8th 06 08:18 PM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

Roy Lewallen wrote:
Brenda Ann wrote:

"John - KD5YI" wrote in message

. . .

[...]

Hey, Roy -

My 3 mW answer was for 30 meters. I think that ratios correctly to your 30
microwatts at 3 meters. Yes?

John

Roy Lewallen August 8th 06 10:04 PM

John - KD5YI wrote:

Hey, Roy -

My 3 mW answer was for 30 meters. I think that ratios correctly to your
30 microwatts at 3 meters. Yes?

Yep, that's right. And I finally got curious enough to look up the
actual regulation. According to section 15.225(a), intentional radiators
at 13.553-13.567 MHz are allowed 15,848 uV/m at 30 meters, which is
about 4.75 mW to an isotropic antenna in free space. There's also a
0.01% frequency stability requirement which would imply crystal control.
And any emissions extending outside the band have to be about 54 dB
lower, 30 uV/m at 30 m.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Slow Code August 9th 06 12:59 AM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

Roy Lewallen wrote in
:

John - KD5YI wrote:

Hey, Roy -

My 3 mW answer was for 30 meters. I think that ratios correctly to your
30 microwatts at 3 meters. Yes?

Yep, that's right. And I finally got curious enough to look up the
actual regulation. According to section 15.225(a), intentional radiators
at 13.553-13.567 MHz are allowed 15,848 uV/m at 30 meters, which is
about 4.75 mW to an isotropic antenna in free space. There's also a
0.01% frequency stability requirement which would imply crystal control.
And any emissions extending outside the band have to be about 54 dB
lower, 30 uV/m at 30 m.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

So if N9OGL's transmitions are legal power wise, he would basically be
broadcasting for the kids across the street. Maybe he could take song
requests. They can just shout out their front doors what songs they want
him to play.

SC

Dale Parfitt August 9th 06 01:30 AM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

So if N9OGL's transmitions are legal power wise, he would basically be
broadcasting for the kids across the street. Maybe he could take song
requests. They can just shout out their front doors what songs they want
him to play.

SC

I can copy perhaps 8 beacons on 13.555 MHz from all across the U.S.
Assuming they too are running the power level Roy calculated, N9OGL's beacon
should also be copyable.

Dale W4OP

[email protected] August 9th 06 01:42 AM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

Slow Code wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote in
:

So if N9OGL's transmitions are legal power wise, he would basically be
broadcasting for the kids across the street. Maybe he could take song
requests. They can just shout out their front doors what songs they want
him to play.

SC

Not true.
I have an AM "beacon" running some test groups smack dab
in the middle of the HiFer/ISM 22M allocation. At maximum power
I am at the legal limit. Most of my tests are -20dB from that level and
have copied my "becaon" from over 100 miles away twice. I was -6dB
down from max, and was rather shocked. Don't rule out the odd fluke
path.

If you ever hear a YL reading a set of word pairs each followed by
a ID nubmber in cut morse, that is my odd little station.

I normally keep the power -63dB down from max legal, and only boast
it while actually conducting tests.

Terry in central KY

Dale Parfitt August 9th 06 07:53 PM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote in
:

[...]

Give me the exact frequency Terry.

Dale W4OP

Slow Code August 10th 06 12:19 AM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

"Dale Parfitt" wrote in

So if N9OGL's transmitions are legal power wise, he would basically be
broadcasting for the kids across the street. Maybe he could take song
requests. They can just shout out their front doors what songs they
want him to play.

SC

I can copy perhaps 8 beacons on 13.555 MHz from all across the U.S.
Assuming they too are running the power level Roy calculated, N9OGL's
beacon should also be copyable.

Dale W4OP

You don't need to tell me the strengths of CW. I'm a CW advocate.
Just listen to the NCDXF beacons on 14.100. You can easily hear the 100mW
tone all over the world when there is propagation with a simple antenna.
I'm just saying the RF Todd is puting into his antenna has to be quit low
if he is transmitting legal power wise.

Sc

[email protected] August 10th 06 12:25 AM

Dale Parfitt wrote:

Give me the exact frequency Terry.

Dale W4OP

13.560000MHz.
Smack dab in the middle of the HiFer/ISM allocation.
It is usually up on Saturday morning when I do some tests.

Terry

N9OGL August 10th 06 04:41 AM

Roy Lewallen wrote:
John - KD5YI wrote:

Hey, Roy -

My 3 mW answer was for 30 meters. I think that ratios correctly to your
30 microwatts at 3 meters. Yes?

Yep, that's right. And I finally got curious enough to look up the
actual regulation. According to section 15.225(a), intentional radiators
at 13.553-13.567 MHz are allowed 15,848 uV/m at 30 meters, which is
about 4.75 mW to an isotropic antenna in free space. There's also a
0.01% frequency stability requirement which would imply crystal control.
And any emissions extending outside the band have to be about 54 dB
lower, 30 uV/m at 30 m.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Do what??? The power output can vary depending on a number of things
including coax and antenna, you can run 1,000 watts and come up 10,000
uV/meter at a distance of 30 meters. As the FCC Office of Engineering
and Technology has stated in their bulletin which deals with Part 15.

"What is the relationship between "microvolts per meter" and Watts?
Watts are the units used to describe the amount of power generated
by a transmitter. Microvolts per meter (µV/m) are the units used to
describe the strength of an electric field created by the operation of
a transmitter. A particular transmitter that generates a constant level
of power (Watts) can produce electric fields of different strengths
(µV/m) depending on, among other things, the type of transmission line
and antenna connected to it. Because it is the electric field that
causes interference to authorized radio communications, and since a
particular electric field strength does not directly correspond to a
particular level of transmitter power, most of the Part 15 emission
limits are specified in field strength."

Todd N9OGL
OMEGA ONE BROADCASTING

N9OGL August 10th 06 04:46 AM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

Brenda Ann wrote:
"John - KD5YI" wrote in message
Slow Code wrote:
dxAce wrote in
:

N9OGL wrote:

Not Lloyd wrote:

wrote in message
are you using an ex Ham transmitter?
I hear with LSB/USB get further than AM but is the LSB really wide
enough for quality audio? Got a grandpappys MP1000 here that will rag
50 watts AM all day long, but the band width is to narrow for
anything like nice music audio... Speech is nice though. Maybe there
is a wider AM filter than stock, some Ham wizardry to make it fit a
decent audio element on to the carrier,
............................................. .........................

[...]

(b) The field strength of any emissions which appear outside of this band
shall not exceed the general radiated emission limits in Sec. 15.209.

I don't know that there is a difference anymore between Part 95 and Part 15
emissions in the CB band... the old Part 15, back when a license was
required, used to be 100mW.

PART 15 in the CB band is 10,000 uV/meter @ 3 meter (100 mw).(Walkie
talkies and cordless phones are also 10,000 uV/meter @3 meters) While
on 13 MHz it's 10,000 uV/meter @ 30 meters or about 1.8 watts at 100
feet.

Todd N9OGL
OMEGA ONE RADIO

Dale Parfitt August 10th 06 01:35 PM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

"Slow Code" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

I too enjoy CW- probably 90% of my operating. My comment was that if his ERP
is the same as the other beacons, then he will be heard well beyond "across
the street".

W4OP

[email protected] August 10th 06 01:57 PM

wrote:
Dale Parfitt wrote:

Give me the exact frequency Terry.

Dale W4OP

13.560000MHz.
Smack dab in the middle of the HiFer/ISM allocation.
It is usually up on Saturday morning when I do some tests.

so?
Terry

Dale wanted to know what frequency my "beacon" operates upon.
I was only responding. CW is best for weak signal ops, but I wanted
an AM test source for ongoing receiver experiments. Sorry if the AM
causes you any distress, but such is life.

Terry

John - KD5YI August 10th 06 03:44 PM

N9OGL wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

John - KD5YI wrote:

[...]

C'mon, Todd. He qualified it by saying "4.75 mW to an isotropic antenna in
free space." It is just a way to get a "feel" for how much power might be
required based on the FCC uV/m limit under certain theoretical conditions.

I would start with a calculation like this if I were designing a transmitter
whose signal has to meet those limits. I think that would be better than
starting with a 1000W transmitter when only a few milliwatts is required.

When was the last time you used an isotropic antenna? How was your trip to
free space?

John

John - KD5YI August 10th 06 04:05 PM

N9OGL wrote:
Brenda Ann wrote:

"John - KD5YI" wrote in message
> [...]

Slow Code wrote:

dxAce wrote in
:

N9OGL wrote:

Not Lloyd wrote:

wrote in message
are you using an ex Ham transmitter?
I hear with LSB/USB get further than AM but is the LSB really wide
enough for quality audio? Got a grandpappys MP1000 here that will rag
50 watts AM all day long, but the band width is to narrow for
anything like nice music audio... Speech is nice though. Maybe there
is a wider AM filter than stock, some Ham wizardry to make it fit a
decent audio element on to the carrier,
........................................... ...........................

[...]

You are wrong about the FCC limits on 13 MHz. There is no mention of 10,000
uV/m. Here are the limits:

Sec. 15.225 Operation within the band 13.110-14.010 MHz.

(a) The field strength of any emissions within the band 13.553-

13.567 MHz shall not exceed 15,848 microvolts/meter at 30 meters.

(b) Within the bands 13.410-13.553 MHz and 13.567-13.710 MHz, the

field strength of any emissions shall not exceed 334 microvolts/meter at

30 meters.

(c) Within the bands 13.110-13.410 MHz and 13.710-14.010 MHz the

field strength of any emissions shall not exceed 106 microvolts/meter at

30 meters.

You are also wrong about the power level required to achieve these limits.
The power required is much lower.

Cheers,
John

[email protected] August 10th 06 04:26 PM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

ok,so much for that station.
cuhulin

[email protected] August 10th 06 04:45 PM

John - KD5YI wrote:
You are wrong about the FCC limits on 13 MHz. There is no mention of 10,000
uV/m. Here are the limits:

Sec. 15.225 Operation within the band 13.110-14.010 MHz.

(a) The field strength of any emissions within the band 13.553-

13.567 MHz shall not exceed 15,848 microvolts/meter at 30 meters.

(b) Within the bands 13.410-13.553 MHz and 13.567-13.710 MHz, the

field strength of any emissions shall not exceed 334 microvolts/meter at

30 meters.

(c) Within the bands 13.110-13.410 MHz and 13.710-14.010 MHz the

field strength of any emissions shall not exceed 106 microvolts/meter at

30 meters.

You are also wrong about the power level required to achieve these limits.
The power required is much lower.

Cheers,
John

There appear to be two sets of part 15.225 rules floating around.
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/get-cfr.cgi?TITLE=47&PART=15&SECTION=225&YEAR=2001&TYP E=TEXT
shows:
"[Code of Federal Regulations]
[Title 47, Volume 1]
[Revised as of October 1, 2001]
From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access

[CITE: 47CFR15.225]

[Page 726]

TITLE 47--TELECOMMUNICATION

CHAPTER I--FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

PART 15--RADIO FREQUENCY DEVICES--Table of Contents

Subpart C--Intentional Radiators

Sec. 15.225 Operation within the band 13.553-13.567 MHz.

(a) The field strength of any emissions within this band shall not
exceed 10,000 microvolts/meter at 30 meters.
(b) The field strength of any emissions appearing outside of this
band shall not exceed the general radiated emission limits shown in
Sec. 15.209.
(c) The frequency tolerance of the carrier signal shall be
maintained within plus-minus0.01% of the operating frequency over a
temperature variation of -20 degrees to +50 degrees C at normal supply
voltage, and for a variation in the primary supply voltage from 85% to
115% of the rated supply voltage at a temperature of 20 degrees C. For
battery operated equipment, the equipment tests shall be performed
using
a new battery."

And
http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engineering_Technology/Documents/bulletins/oet63/oet63rev.pdf
Also shows the 10,000uV/M at 30M

Yet http://www.sss-mag.com/pdf/part15-91905.pdf
Dated sept 2005, shows the limits you quoted.

What is troubling is the FCC has different specs on different documents
at fcc.gov.

Buy regardless of runinng 10,000uV or 15,848uV, one does NOT need a
100W
transmitter to reach either of these levels. I have a 2W unit followed
by a step attenuator
coupled to a bufffer with a Zin of 50 Ohms and a Z Out of ~500. The
buffer transistor
is a 250mW and isn't even warm. This was the only easy way to allow
the attenuator
to accurately step the power level down. By the 15,848uV I guess I
could increase
my power from 5,000uV, to allow for the energy in the sidebands, to
something like
10,000uV.

Oh whoopy gea!

Too much trouble to even think about changing as I had to back the
exciter down to something like 1/2W to reach the 5,000uV level.

Crystal Oscillator-buffer#1-amplifier-?20dB pad-step
attenuator-buffer#2-matching-
very poor radiator.

I would guess I am running maybe 5mW into a modified CB ground plane
antenna.
Serious mismatch, but my "beacon" was only intended to reach about 1
mile.
For an S2 reading I had to back the power down ~50% from max legal. So
assume I am running 2.5mW with no attenuation, so for extra credit,
what is my
power level at -63dB?

Terry

dxAce August 10th 06 04:50 PM

Dale Parfitt wrote:

"Slow Code" wrote in message
[...]

The beacon 'HI' is my regular here. Operating on 13558v in CW from Connecticut.
Audible at 1545.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] August 10th 06 05:47 PM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

That Bell South womans washing machine next door works real good.I slip
over there and I wash my filthy nasty clothes and she and that other
woman doesn't know anything about it,yet.
cuhulin

John - KD5YI August 10th 06 06:45 PM

wrote:
John - KD5YI wrote:

[...]

From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access

[...]

The first reference above appears to have been published in 2001. I can't
tell the publication date of your second reference.

Personally, I would take the 2005 publication date as gospel.

(snip remainder)

Slow Code August 11th 06 01:19 AM

"Slow Code" wrote in message
[...]

I'll try to copy a few of those beacons. Maybe there is info on about the
stations, and possible they have a waiver for an increase in power or
antenna size.

Sc

N9OGL August 11th 06 01:33 AM

John - KD5YI wrote:
wrote:
John - KD5YI wrote:

[...]

From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access

[...]

The second one (the bulletin from the office of Engineering and
Technology) is from 1996. I would go with the 2005 one. That means my
field strength can be more Hurray!!

Todd N9OGL
OMEGA ONE RADIO
13.556.00 MHz LSB

John - KD5YI August 11th 06 04:29 AM

wrote:

I would guess I am running maybe 5mW into a modified CB ground plane
antenna.
Serious mismatch, but my "beacon" was only intended to reach about 1
mile.
For an S2 reading I had to back the power down ~50% from max legal. So
assume I am running 2.5mW with no attenuation, so for extra credit,
what is my
power level at -63dB?

Terry

Your question makes no sense. What is the reference level? 1 watt, 1 mW, 5
mW, 2.5 mW?

..5 microwatts is 63 dB below a Watt.
..5 nanowatts is 63 dB below a milliwatt.
2.5 nanowatts is 63 dB below 5 milliwatts.
1.25 nanowatts is 63 dB below 2.5 milliwatts. (Is this the one you want?)

2.5 milliwatts is 3 dB below 5 milliwatts.

See a pattern in any of this?

[email protected] August 11th 06 11:49 AM

John - KD5YI wrote:
wrote:

I would guess I am running maybe 5mW into a modified CB ground plane
antenna.
Serious mismatch, but my "beacon" was only intended to reach about 1
mile.
For an S2 reading I had to back the power down ~50% from max legal. So
assume I am running 2.5mW with no attenuation, so for extra credit,
what is my
power level at -63dB?

Terry

Your question makes no sense. What is the reference level? 1 watt, 1 mW, 5
mW, 2.5 mW?

.5 microwatts is 63 dB below a Watt.
.5 nanowatts is 63 dB below a milliwatt.
2.5 nanowatts is 63 dB below 5 milliwatts.
1.25 nanowatts is 63 dB below 2.5 milliwatts. (Is this the one you want?)

2.5 milliwatts is 3 dB below 5 milliwatts.

See a pattern in any of this?

Once again I see why I should not take up comedy.
It wasn't a serious question.

I was reffereing to 5mW at 50 Ohms.

Terry

Telamon August 11th 06 09:46 PM

STATION IS ON 13.556.00 MHz. LSB

In article om,
wrote:

John - KD5YI wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Fewer people would get confused by posts if dBm instead of dB were used
when transmit power level or receiver sensitivity is spoken. I know I
would.

dB being a relative measure should only be used when speaking of a
component like an attenuator or amplifier not a level of power and just
invites the possibility of confusing the reader.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California