RadioBanter

-   -   Comparison (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/101608-comparison.html)

mcqz August 17th 06 12:42 AM

Comparison

I'm considering 2 different shortwave receivers and would appreciate the
benefit of your experience. I want to be able to copy SSB and CW as well as
general radio, so that limits the market.

The 2 I'm considering are the Eton/Grundig 4000A and the Sony 7600GR. They
appear to be pretty much equivalent in features. What would be your
preference? Or is there something else that's better in the same
portable/feature/price range?

Thanks,
Fran McHugh
Winslow, AZ

David August 17th 06 01:30 AM

Comparison

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:42:50 -0700, "mcqz" wrote:

I'm considering 2 different shortwave receivers and would appreciate the
benefit of your experience. I want to be able to copy SSB and CW as well as
general radio, so that limits the market.

The 2 I'm considering are the Eton/Grundig 4000A and the Sony 7600GR. They
appear to be pretty much equivalent in features. What would be your
preference? Or is there something else that's better in the same
portable/feature/price range?

Thanks,
Fran McHugh
Winslow, AZ

Both radios are junk. Get a nice Palstar or ICOM.

Telamon August 17th 06 04:46 AM

Comparison

In article ,
"mcqz" wrote:

I'm considering 2 different shortwave receivers and would appreciate the
benefit of your experience. I want to be able to copy SSB and CW as well as
general radio, so that limits the market.

The 2 I'm considering are the Eton/Grundig 4000A and the Sony 7600GR. They
appear to be pretty much equivalent in features. What would be your
preference? Or is there something else that's better in the same
portable/feature/price range?

The Sony has a sync detector. The Grundig does not have this feature. I
would not buy a radio that did not have it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF August 17th 06 05:42 AM

Comparison

David wrote:
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:42:50 -0700, "mcqz" wrote:

I'm considering 2 different shortwave receivers and would appreciate the
benefit of your experience. I want to be able to copy SSB and CW as well as
general radio, so that limits the market.

The 2 I'm considering are the Eton/Grundig 4000A and the Sony 7600GR. They
appear to be pretty much equivalent in features. What would be your
preference? Or is there something else that's better in the same
portable/feature/price range?

Thanks,
Fran McHugh
Winslow, AZ

Both radios are junk. Get a nice Palstar or ICOM.

MCQZ,

Excuse David he likes traveling lite {headed that is :o}

READ - Stuck on a Desert Island 'portable' AM/FM
Shortwave Radio - - - My Choice Is . . .
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...b5e647fff53467

sony no boloney ~ RHF

mcqz August 17th 06 11:40 PM

Thanks to all

I took the info and suggestions and looked around a little more and a little
more deeply and I've ordered the Sony.
Thanks.