RadioBanter

-   -   New DX and shortwave listener (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/101782-re-new-dx-shortwave-listener.html)

MrZ August 18th 06 02:49 PM

New DX and shortwave listener

Yes, I plan to keep a log of what I hear. I'm not sure how much time
I'll have to listen on a cruise, but I will deffinately try. I'll
probably bring a 20 to 30 foot section of wire to attach to my radio.

Verstaldin wrote:
Go up on deck with the wire attached and drape it over the side (if it isn't
too long s). You probably won't need too much wire for a portable radio.
Often times the receiver gets overdriven and the excess signal strength
doesn't help. I'd be interested to see what you pick up if you kept a log .

"MrZ" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was wondering how to best hear my portable Sangean ATS 909 on a
cruise ship - lots of metal . . .
I have a long wire antenna that I can hook on my whip antenna and was
wondering if that would do.
Thanks