Old August 23rd 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default buying stupid in the USA

sometimes people complain when I point out people paying real stupid prices
for something on eBay.

over the last few years I have been saying how stupid people have been for
paying crazy prices for homes. I said they would be sorry in the end and it
is starting to happen:

this is from an MSN article on home sales:

I recently sold a house in Rochester Hills," Waquad says. "It was purchased
a year ago by the seller for $615,000 -- a newer house. He changed all the
appliances, the carpets and painted. He never lived in it. He must have
spent at least $20,000 to $30,000 fixing it. We got it for a buyer for
$440,000."

the point is that there are consequences to being a stupid buyer. I am just
trying to get people to think before they throw away money.

Old August 23rd 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

mike maghakian wrote:

sometimes people complain when I point out people paying real stupid prices
for something on eBay.

over the last few years I have been saying how stupid people have been for
paying crazy prices for homes. I said they would be sorry in the end and it
is starting to happen:

this is from an MSN article on home sales:

I recently sold a house in Rochester Hills," Waquad says. "It was purchased
a year ago by the seller for $615,000 -- a newer house. He changed all the
appliances, the carpets and painted. He never lived in it. He must have
spent at least $20,000 to $30,000 fixing it. We got it for a buyer for
$440,000."

the point is that there are consequences to being a stupid buyer. I am just
trying to get people to think before they throw away money.

All well and good, but it is THEIR money. Not MY money, not YOUR money, but
THEIR money.

And if folks want an item and desire to bid it up on eBay it's THEIR money. Now
YOU might THINK it's a high price, but it's THEIR money and they want the item
for whatever reason.

Something to think about, after all we're not all as blessed as Mike Maghakian.

:-)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 24th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

All well and good, but it is THEIR money. Not MY money, not YOUR money, but
THEIR money.

All well and good, but paying insane prices for real estate is a
"bubble" and when the bubble bursts (as they all do), the -ENTIRE-
country gets hurt...even maroons in Holland Michigan.

(Or doesn't your feeble brain remember how bad the -country- got hurt
when the "dot com" bubble went bust????)
Old August 24th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

All well and good, but it is THEIR money. Not MY money, not YOUR money, but
THEIR money.

All well and good, but paying insane prices for real estate is a
"bubble" and when the bubble bursts (as they all do), the -ENTIRE-
country gets hurt...even maroons in Holland Michigan.

(Or doesn't your feeble brain remember how bad the -country- got hurt
when the "dot com" bubble went bust????)

Apples and Oranges...

You go sleep on it, you might figure it all out by morning.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 24th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dx(FMLAO)Ace wrote:

All well and good, but paying insane prices for real estate is a
"bubble" and when the bubble bursts (as they all do), the -ENTIRE-
country gets hurt...even maroons in Holland Michigan.

I have it on good authority that there is only ONE maroon in Holland
MI. No sense in tarring decent people with the same brush.

(Or doesn't your feeble brain remember how bad the -country- got hurt
when the "dot com" bubble went bust????)

Apples and Oranges...

You go sleep on it, you might figure it all out by morning.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

We can't expect any better advice from someone who recommends that
playing POKER is a good way to wealth.

mike

Old August 24th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I wont buy a hamburger next month from that food trailer at
www.celticfestms.org The one I bought there last year gave me
indigestion.That was buying stupid.
cuhulin

Old August 24th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
All well and good, but it is THEIR money. Not MY money, not YOUR money, but
THEIR money.

All well and good, but paying insane prices for real estate is a
"bubble" and when the bubble bursts (as they all do), the -ENTIRE-
country gets hurt...even maroons in Holland Michigan.

(Or doesn't your feeble brain remember how bad the -country- got hurt
when the "dot com" bubble went bust????)

dxAce wrote:

Apples and Oranges...

Well, there's -another- day you woke up stupid.

As different as "apples and oranges"? I think not.

"dot com" bubble = people paying waaay too much for stocks, then the
bubble bursts, then the -entire country- was hurt.

Per Mike's post...

Real estate bubble = people paying too much for housing, the bubble is
starting to bust and people throughout the country are starting to get hurt.

A virtually identical analogy (like all bubbles), NOT "apples and oranges".

You offering your opinion--

Worth: 2 cents

You demonstrating once again why you so richly deserve your "dxAss"
moniker--

Worth: Priceless!
Old August 24th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dick Chisel wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Apples and Oranges...

Well, there's -another- day you woke up stupid.

As different as "apples and oranges"? I think not.

"dot com" bubble = people paying waaay too much for stocks, then the
bubble bursts, then the -entire country- was hurt.

Per Mike's post...

Real estate bubble = people paying too much for housing, the bubble is
starting to bust and people throughout the country are starting to get hurt.

A virtually identical analogy (like all bubbles), NOT "apples and oranges".

You offering your opinion--

Worth: 2 cents

You demonstrating once again why you so richly deserve your "dxAss"
moniker--

Worth: Priceless!

Yeah, you demonstrating your lack of comprehension is indeed: Priceless!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 24th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Real estate bubble = people paying too much for housing, the bubble is
starting to bust and people throughout the country are starting to get hurt.

I grow my own food (no grocery shopping bills), tenured teacher (job
for life), own a scooter, and have installed solar panels to hedge my
energy costs.

I also own a gun to shoot poachers wishing to steal my vegetables, and
live in a shooter friendly state (i.e. I won't get arrested for killing
you on my own property)

How is someone like myself affected by the housing bubble, except that
it provides me the ability to get RE on the cheap?

Yours In Christ,
John

Old August 24th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The Moving Wall www.themovingwall.org gets around,I have been to
it a few times.A couple of years ago,114th Aviation Company had a
reunion at Fort Rucker,Alabama,I went there.I get to the most important
events (important to me,anyway) if they aren't a blue million miles
away.
cuhulin