RadioBanter

-   -   funny swl story (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/102640-funny-swl-story.html)

Monte August 27th 06 02:07 PM

funny swl story

A few years ago my co-workers expressed an interest in my hobby of
listening to the shortwave radio. That evening I recorded a cassette
tape with a couple minutes worth of various international broadcasts
and ended it with WWV. Gathered around the tape recorder the next
afternoon about half a dozen of them listened intently to short clips
of news, cultural programming, editorials, and more. When WWV
announced the time, every one of them looked down at their watches.
They realized the error immediately and we all had a good laugh.

Monte
Nashville, Tennessee USA

[email protected] August 27th 06 04:32 PM

funny swl story

Monte,you want more fun? When you are shopping and you see wimmins
walking along,tell them their shoes are untied and watch them look down
at their shoes.
Hey,your shoe is untied.
cuhulin

Slow Code August 28th 06 02:22 AM

funny swl story

wrote in
:

Monte,you want more fun? When you are shopping and you see wimmins
walking along,tell them their shoes are untied and watch them look down
at their shoes.
Hey,your shoe is untied.
cuhulin

Your dress is unbuttoned.

SC

Michael Lawson August 28th 06 04:11 PM

funny swl story

"Monte" t wrote in
message ...
A few years ago my co-workers expressed an interest in my hobby of
listening to the shortwave radio. That evening I recorded a

cassette
tape with a couple minutes worth of various international broadcasts
and ended it with WWV. Gathered around the tape recorder the next
afternoon about half a dozen of them listened intently to short

clips
of news, cultural programming, editorials, and more. When WWV
announced the time, every one of them looked down at their watches.
They realized the error immediately and we all had a good laugh.

Good one, Monte. I can't say I've got a similar
story, tho.

--Mike L.