RadioBanter

-   -   Ian McFarland releases CD (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/103110-re-ian-mcfarland-releases-cd.html)

dxAce September 1st 06 12:29 PM

Ian McFarland releases CD

wrote:

Were you a shortwave listener back in 1974? If you were a regular
listener to RCI's popular SWL Digest program, which went off the air in
March of 1991 in the wake of a devastating budget cut at RCI, then you
may remember the SW station Idents & Interval Signals Series that was
featured on this award winning program.

I've got the final show on a cassette here as recorded off the air on 24 March 1991.

As I recall, Ian had expected the show to air for two more weekends, but that was it, the plug was
pulled.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Paul D. Spiegel September 5th 06 05:51 AM

Ian McFarland releases CD

dxAce wrote:

wrote:

Were you a shortwave listener back in 1974? If you were a regular
listener to RCI's popular SWL Digest program, which went off the air in
March of 1991 in the wake of a devastating budget cut at RCI, then you
may remember the SW station Idents & Interval Signals Series that was
featured on this award winning program.

I was a young SWL in 1974 and I remember the musical phrases that many
stations used to use before beginning a broadcast or for ID's. I recall
having an issue of the WRTH that had musical notation for these phrases.
It must have been a lot of work to compile, but I found it very useful.
Since I could read music I was able to identify some stations from the
phrases, even though I couldn't understand the language.

- Paul