RadioBanter

-   -   grundig satellit 700 synch detune limit (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/104359-re-grundig-satellit-700-synch-detune-limit.html)

Telamon September 14th 06 04:01 AM

grundig satellit 700 synch detune limit

In article .com,
wrote:

Let say tune in a station at 15000khz with filter setting at narrow.
If you tune away form the centre frequency (15000khz ) to (14998 and
15002 khz) , is the synch still be able to lock in the signal stably
? What is the detuning limit with synch stably lock of your satellit
700?

I'm no radio designer but as I understand it the sync circuit basically
controls a local oscillator with a PLL circuit that has a long
integration time so as long as you are tuned near enough for the
received signal to be in the bandpass range of the filter in use the
PLL circuit will lock to it.

The lock range will vary but most analog models should accommodate plus
or minus 2 KHz without a problem. A DSP radio with sync in software is
a different story and there the range is likely much smaller.

I can not tell you specifically what the Satellite 700 can do since I
do not own one.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California