RadioBanter

-   -   Firedrake recordings? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/105070-firedrake-recordings.html)

weatherall September 22nd 06 07:46 AM

Firedrake recordings?

Does anyone here have any recordings of China's firedrake signal? The only recording device I have is my computer, and it introduces too much RF interference when plugged into one of my radios. I just can't find an inexpensive tape recorder with an unamplified line-in.

I'd like to hear the recordings to confirm what I've been hearing. If you made such a recording yourself, please let me know which radio/antenna you used, along with your location.

Jeroen September 22nd 06 01:06 PM

Firedrake recordings?

weatherall wrote:

I'd like to hear the recordings to confirm what I've been hearing.

Ditto! I hear a lot of references to different type of jammers, and
would love to see some soundsamples of them so I know for sure what is
being called what. Its too easy to mix them up otherwise....

JeroenK

weatherall September 22nd 06 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen
Ditto! I hear a lot of references to different type of jammers, and
would love to see some soundsamples of them so I know for sure what is
being called what. Its too easy to mix them up otherwise....

JeroenK

Jeroen:

I have a recording of Cuba's "running water" jammer over the Radio Marti broadcast:

http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/2006/0...h-jamming.html

DesignGuy September 23rd 06 02:44 AM

Firedrake recordings?

"weatherall" wrote in message

Jeroen Wrote:
Ditto! I hear a lot of references to different type of jammers, and
would love to see some soundsamples of them so I know for sure what is
being called what. Its too easy to mix them up otherwise....

JeroenK

Jeroen:

I have a recording of Cuba's "running water" jammer over the Radio
Marti broadcast:

http://tinyurl.com/h7wal

I've always called that a "bubble jammer".