RadioBanter

-   -   black grundig mini 300 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/105964-black-grundig-mini-300-a.html)

Jim September 30th 06 07:54 PM

black grundig mini 300

has everybody looked at the black colored mini 300? i got one at radio
shack. it is so flat black that it looks and feels fuzzy! it has silver
lettering on deep flat black plastic. it is the best looking radio that
i have seen in years.........um, err, its still the same mini 300 but
now it looks great! maybe i am so impressed because my first one was
yellow. bright shinning banana yellow. the new one is so fuzzy looking
that i am curious how it was finished. its almost like that vinyl velour
material on top of some air mattresses. very odd indeed!

Namiksi S. October 1st 06 11:45 PM

black grundig mini 300

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:54:02 -0400, Jim wrote:

has everybody looked at the black colored mini 300? i got one at radio
shack. it is so flat black that it looks and feels fuzzy! it has silver
lettering on deep flat black plastic. it is the best looking radio that
i have seen in years.........um, err, its still the same mini 300 but
now it looks great! maybe i am so impressed because my first one was
yellow. bright shinning banana yellow. the new one is so fuzzy looking
that i am curious how it was finished. its almost like that vinyl velour
material on top of some air mattresses. very odd indeed!

Fuzzy black plastic?? hmmmm... will need to check this out.

weatherall October 2nd 06 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim
has everybody looked at the black colored mini 300? i got one at radio
shack. it is so flat black that it looks and feels fuzzy! it has silver
lettering on deep flat black plastic. it is the best looking radio that
i have seen in years.........um, err, its still the same mini 300 but
now it looks great! maybe i am so impressed because my first one was
yellow. bright shinning banana yellow. the new one is so fuzzy looking
that i am curious how it was finished. its almost like that vinyl velour
material on top of some air mattresses. very odd indeed!

Those look cool, but I am skeptical of its abilities. What can you pick up with it, without adding an external antenna?

Lisa Simpson October 2nd 06 07:28 PM

black grundig mini 300

"weatherall" wrote in message

Jim Wrote:
has everybody looked at the black colored mini 300? i got one at radio
shack. it is so flat black that it looks and feels fuzzy! it has
silver
lettering on deep flat black plastic. it is the best looking radio
that
i have seen in years.........um, err, its still the same mini 300 but
now it looks great! maybe i am so impressed because my first one was
yellow. bright shinning banana yellow. the new one is so fuzzy looking
that i am curious how it was finished. its almost like that vinyl
velour
material on top of some air mattresses. very odd indeed!

Those look cool, but I am skeptical of its abilities. What can you
pick up with it, without adding an external antenna?

You'd be amazed! These little pocket sized receivers do an excellent job!
I have 3 of them, and am hoping to pick up more!

bpnjensen October 2nd 06 08:02 PM

black grundig mini 300

Lisa Simpson wrote:

You'd be amazed! These little pocket sized receivers do an excellent job!
I have 3 of them, and am hoping to pick up more!

They must not have a bandspread dial, I guess... ;-)

bpnjensen October 2nd 06 08:07 PM

black grundig mini 300

Lisa Simpson wrote:

You'd be amazed! These little pocket sized receivers do an excellent job!
I have 3 of them, and am hoping to pick up more!

They must not have a bandspread dial, I guess ;-)

Bruce Jensen

[email protected] October 6th 06 01:56 PM

black grundig mini 300

Jim Wrote:
[...]

I'm also thinking of picking one of these up. My RS only has the metal
ones (M300PE). I have a Mini 100, great radio but that analog dial on
it is tiny so this'll be a nice upgrade. I also own a Kaito 1103,
which I think I may sell before I have QC issues, and It's too big to
carry around anyway. 's why I like the grundig mini's, they're shirt
pocketable. I only wished the mini 300's had lighted displays but hey,
gotta keep the price down and lights really eat batteries anyway.