RadioBanter

-   -   Quick question [ SW-77 or 2010 ] (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/106210-quick-question-%5B-sw-77-2010-%5D.html)

[email protected] October 3rd 06 02:09 PM

Quick question [ SW-77 or 2010 ]

Hi!

If you had your choice between the Sony ICF-SW77 or the Sony ICF
2001D/ICF 2010, which one would you choose, and why...

Thanks, and appreciate any and all responses.

Gleason
Fargo, ND

Vangelis October 3rd 06 05:42 PM

Quick question [ SW-77 or 2010 ]

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi!

If you had your choice between the Sony ICF-SW77 or the Sony ICF
2001D/ICF 2010, which one would you choose, and why...

Thanks, and appreciate any and all responses.

Gleason
Fargo, ND

Sony SW77 without a doubt
better sound
better reception
better controls
better looks
more functions
better selectivity
better on SSB

I have both and since I bought my SW77 I hardly ever bother at all with the
2010

Vangelis

mike0219116 October 3rd 06 10:42 PM

Quick question [ SW-77 or 2010 ]

Vangelis wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi!

If you had your choice between the Sony ICF-SW77 or the Sony ICF
2001D/ICF 2010, which one would you choose, and why...

Thanks, and appreciate any and all responses.

Gleason
Fargo, ND

Sony SW77 without a doubt
better sound
better reception
better controls
better looks
more functions
better selectivity
better on SSB

I have both and since I bought my SW77 I hardly ever bother at all with the
2010

Vangelis

I had a SW77 at one time and got rid of it. I thought the audio was
really subpar.

Vangelis October 3rd 06 11:02 PM

Quick question [ SW-77 or 2010 ]

"mike0219116" wrote in message
ps.com...

Vangelis wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

you must of had a bad one mate
Van

m II October 4th 06 04:52 AM

Quick question [ SW-77 or 2010 ]

Bart Bailey wrote:

In s.com
posted on 3 Oct 2006 14:42:52 -0700, mike0219116 wrote: Begin

I had a SW77 at one time and got rid of it. I thought the audio was
really subpar.

Same here,
after listening to my new E1 last year.
But for talk radio or especially portability,
it's not a bad radio.

How are you finding the E1? I plan on a purchase in the future. What is
the BEST feature for you? The worst? Would you buy another one?

mike

m II October 5th 06 04:40 AM

Quick question [ SW-77 or 2010 ]

Bart Bailey wrote:

s to buying another, I really don't need a second
since I already have a couple excellent HF XCVRs,
but I wouldn't hesitate to replace it if I got stupid and lost it.

The company site tells about the many features
http://tinyurl.com/bzmca

Thanks for the response. I guess the fact you would replace it if lost
answers my questions completely. Being happy with a radio some time
after purchase is a good indication.

mike