RadioBanter

-   -   Grundig-S350DL-Moderated Yahoo group (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/106398-grundig-s350dl-moderated-yahoo-group.html)

homepc October 5th 06 11:44 PM

Grundig-S350DL-Moderated Yahoo group

I recently started a new Yahoo group as an alternative to the Grundig-S350
(unmoderated) group. The original Grundig-S350 Yahoo group was excellent,
but for the past six months or so, most of the posts were nothing but spam.

If anyone wants to check it out and offer their $0.02, here is the link:

;-)

Jim Hackett October 6th 06 01:45 AM

Grundig-S350DL-Moderated Yahoo group

Too bad the owner just abandoned it. If he had any class he would have
given it over to someone who would actually take the time to run it the way
it needs to be run...

Telamon October 6th 06 02:42 AM

Grundig-S350DL-Moderated Yahoo group

In article , "homepc"
wrote:

I recently started a new Yahoo group as an alternative to the Grundig-S350
(unmoderated) group. The original Grundig-S350 Yahoo group was excellent,
but for the past six months or so, most of the posts were nothing but spam.

If anyone wants to check it out and offer their $0.02, here is the link:

No thanks. I don't like spam. Do you have a news group without any spam
in it?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

homepc October 6th 06 04:27 AM

Grundig-S350DL-Moderated Yahoo group

http://www.mailmsg.com/sounds/spam-song.wav

Here you go.

[email protected] October 6th 06 05:47 PM

homepc wrote:
I recently started a new Yahoo group as an alternative to the Grundig-S350
(unmoderated) group. The original Grundig-S350 Yahoo group was excellent,
but for the past six months or so, most of the posts were nothing but spam.

If anyone wants to check it out and offer their $0.02, here is the link:

;-)

Unfortunately, I was VERY disappointed in the over-hyped S350 - I
thought the quality of construction was VERY poor. I retuned it to RS
for a $25 AM/FM PLL model 12-898, that performs just as well. :-(

Telamon October 6th 06 09:36 PM

Grundig-S350DL-Moderated Yahoo group

In article ,
"homepc" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in
message

.com...
In article , "homepc"
wrote:

I recently started a new Yahoo group as an alternative to the
Grundig-S350 (unmoderated) group. The original Grundig-S350 Yahoo
group was excellent, but for the past six months or so, most of
the posts were nothing but spam.

If anyone wants to check it out and offer their $0.02, here is the
link:

No thanks. I don't like spam. Do you have a news group without any
spam in it?

http://www.mailmsg.com/sounds/spam-song.wav

Here you go.

Thanks. The Monty Python's Vikings singing is a favorite. I have the DVD
collection. The restaurant skit is also a favorite of mine.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

homepc October 6th 06 10:56 PM

Grundig-S350DL-Moderated Yahoo group

It all boils down to what your expectations are.

I've bought four different model radios and returned one in the space of 2
1/2 years. My Tecsun BCL3000 gets the most use hands down. I use it as a
table radio in my kitchen. I don't need to plug it in because the batteries
last forever. I can listen to a couple of my favorite US stations (I live
in Canada) with the aid of an AM loop antenna and the sound is way better
than what any of my smaller radios have to offer. The display is big and
easy to read, and the control knobs are large, smooth to operate, and easy
to use in the dark.

Is the S350 a perfect radio? No. But it does fill a niche. Sadly, the
quality of construction seems to be questionable for most electronics being
manufactured now a days. We live in a disposable society, and most consumer
goods we buy reflect that. However, the S350 model has been on the market
for a few years now, with relatively few changes. Most of the bugs have
been ironed out and the quality control seems to be fairly even, given the
feed back I read in various news groups. I've had my BCL3000 for a year
now, and it's still fun to use.

wrote in message
ps.com...

[email protected] October 7th 06 12:46 AM

homepc wrote:
[...]

wrote in message
ps.com...

homepc wrote:
I recently started a new Yahoo group as an alternative to the
Grundig-S350
(unmoderated) group. The original Grundig-S350 Yahoo group was
excellent,
but for the past six months or so, most of the posts were nothing but
spam.

If anyone wants to check it out and offer their $0.02, here is the link:

;-)

Unfortunately, I was VERY disappointed in the over-hyped S350 - I
thought the quality of construction was VERY poor. I retuned it to RS
for a $25 AM/FM PLL model 12-898, that performs just as well. :-(

Well, even my $25 RS radio is much better quality than the S350 -
Grundig should be ashamed at putting their name on such a piece of
Chinese-made ****, hoping everyone would still think Grundig's are
being made in Germany.

[email protected] October 7th 06 06:31 AM

Grundig-S350DL-Moderated Yahoo group

I looked at one of those radios about a year ago when I was at a Radio
Shack store.One look is all it took for me to know I didn't want to
waste my money on that radio.I would buy one however if one of them is
waiting on me at the Goodwill store for a couple of dollars.
cuhulin