RadioBanter

-   -   Sound on 8240 LSB (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/107006-sound-8240-lsb.html)

Al Arduengo October 13th 06 11:05 PM

Sound on 8240 LSB

I can't even describe what I am hearing. It is rhythmic in nature. I
am located in North Texas (Allen). Using E1 off the whip. LSB. Can
anyone help?

k35454 October 14th 06 12:40 AM

Sound on 8240 LSB

"Al Arduengo" wrote in message
. ..
I can't even describe what I am hearing. It is rhythmic in nature. I
am located in North Texas (Allen). Using E1 off the whip. LSB. Can
anyone help?

23:35 UTC here on Pacific coast. No signal heard 8240 but there
are several other places across the bands where there is a steady
(and bothersome) chuff-chuff-chuff going on. VE7AFN.

Matt J. McCullar October 14th 06 04:00 AM

Sound on 8240 LSB

"Al Arduengo" wrote in message
. ..
I can't even describe what I am hearing. It is rhythmic in nature. I
am located in North Texas (Allen). Using E1 off the whip. LSB. Can
anyone help?

I'm in Arlington, TX, and I hear it, too. Sounds like digital data. I
don't hear a frequency shift, so it's a ground-based transmitter of some
sort. The signal is not present all the time.

Matt J. McCullar, KJ5BA