RadioBanter

-   -   Best wire for space impared ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/107200-re-best-wire-space-impared.html)

Jill Stafford October 16th 06 11:28 PM

Best wire for space impared ?

I would buy some wire and connectors for less than $10 and see if that met
my needs first. You can always spend more later. One of the best antennas I
ever used was a random wire srtung through a second story attic.
Coincidentally, I was in the attic today trying to figure out how I would
string a long wire...

justice October 17th 06 02:39 AM

Best wire for space impared ?

Heterodyne wrote:
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:28:32 -0500, Jill Stafford wrote:

I would buy some wire and connectors for less than $10 and see if that met
my needs first. You can always spend more later. One of the best antennas
I ever used was a random wire srtung through a second story attic.
Coincidentally, I was in the attic today trying to figure out how I would
string a long wire...

Yeh I'm thinking homebrew random too.

If you're willing to experiment and build antennas yourself, then I'd
highly recommend "Joe Carr's Receiving Antenna Handook." Most (if not
all) antenna books are written from the point of hams (meaning
transmitting designs first). About $20 from Universal Radio.

Another antenna you should look up is the "John Doty Low Noise"
antenna. Do a search of this newsgroup. Never made one but it seems
very sound.