RadioBanter

-   -   The Poacher (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/108364-poacher.html)

Steve October 30th 06 10:13 PM

The Poacher

Currently hearing the Lincolnshire Poacher, poachin' on 6959 khz.

WPE9JRL October 30th 06 10:25 PM

The Poacher

Hering it here rather weakly but peaking up to S-7 at times in Northern
Wisconsin. R-5000 with 200ft loop.

I thought all this numbers nonsense ended a few years ago. (?).

Pat

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Currently hearing the Lincolnshire Poacher, poachin' on 6959 khz.

dxAce October 30th 06 10:28 PM

The Poacher

WPE9JRL wrote:

Hering it here rather weakly but peaking up to S-7 at times in Northern
Wisconsin. R-5000 with 200ft loop.

I thought all this numbers nonsense ended a few years ago. (?).

There are still a lot of numbers stations operating.

http://www.spynumbers.com/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Steve October 30th 06 10:34 PM

The Poacher

WPE9JRL wrote:
Hering it here rather weakly but peaking up to S-7 at times in Northern
Wisconsin. R-5000 with 200ft loop.

I thought all this numbers nonsense ended a few years ago. (?).

Pat

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Currently hearing the Lincolnshire Poacher, poachin' on 6959 khz.

After I posted about hearing her on 6959 I checked 11545 and she was
even stronger there.

Steve

[email protected] October 30th 06 11:56 PM

The Poacher

Awwww yeahhhh,,,, I reckymember Boston Blackie.He was a mystery
detective guy on Radio back in the 1940's,I ooosed to listen to it on
our auld beat up old Radio.Choie Ca Oie!,Buku Kilo Mope Dep,Dinky Dau
Umm Yap Yo!!!! (Un Coc Touie!,Sep!)

y'all help me to find that Irish chatroom onlne in Boston that I once
got into over six years ago and I was drunk and a guy in there told me
to go sleep it off.
cuhulin
www.ingeb.org/songs/wabashca.mid
(Wabash Cannonball)

[email protected] October 31st 06 12:52 AM

The Poacher

Whar cuzzin Brian Hill at? I emailed his Minnesota arse late this
afternoon about a twenty five year old made in Meridian,Mississippi
Peavy electric Guitar I sawed at the Goodwill store this afternoon.Yoo
Hoooo,,, Brian Hill,,,, iz yu thar????
cuhulin

Sid November 2nd 06 06:41 AM

The Poacher

Steve wrote:
WPE9JRL wrote:
Hering it here rather weakly but peaking up to S-7 at times in Northern
Wisconsin. R-5000 with 200ft loop.

I thought all this numbers nonsense ended a few years ago. (?).

Pat

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Currently hearing the Lincolnshire Poacher, poachin' on 6959 khz.

After I posted about hearing her on 6959 I checked 11545 and she was
even stronger there.

Don't know why some erstwhile radio enthusiasts who have yagis
get together and organize a fix on these stations.

Sid

Stan Barr November 2nd 06 07:19 PM

The Poacher

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 06:41:55 GMT, Sid wrote:
Steve wrote:
WPE9JRL wrote:
Hering it here rather weakly but peaking up to S-7 at times in Northern
Wisconsin. R-5000 with 200ft loop.

I thought all this numbers nonsense ended a few years ago. (?).

Pat

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Currently hearing the Lincolnshire Poacher, poachin' on 6959 khz.

After I posted about hearing her on 6959 I checked 11545 and she was
even stronger there.

Don't know why some erstwhile radio enthusiasts who have yagis
get together and organize a fix on these stations.

IIRC the Lincolnshire Poacher is on the RAF base on Cyprus.
The Enigma people will know.
Still plenty of numbers stations to be heard, particularly if you can
read Morse Code... :-)
--
Cheers,
Stan Barr stanb .at. dial .dot. pipex .dot. com

The future was never like this!

dxAce November 2nd 06 07:23 PM

The Poacher

Steve wrote:
WPE9JRL wrote:
Hering it here rather weakly but peaking up to S-7 at times in Northern
Wisconsin. R-5000 with 200ft loop.

I thought all this numbers nonsense ended a few years ago. (?).

Pat

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Currently hearing the Lincolnshire Poacher, poachin' on 6959 khz.

After I posted about hearing her on 6959 I checked 11545 and she was
even stronger there.

Don't know why some erstwhile radio enthusiasts who have yagis
get together and organize a fix on these stations.

IIRC the Lincolnshire Poacher is on the RAF base on Cyprus.
The Enigma people will know.
Still plenty of numbers stations to be heard, particularly if you can
read Morse Code... :-)

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page496.htm

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] November 2nd 06 08:04 PM

The Poacher

Bool Shheeeet.Screw them Cock Sucker in that Cocking radio ****head
what chaacall it **** Ass so- news group.**** them Mother
cuhulin