RadioBanter

-   -   Longwave stations strong this morning (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/109398-longwave-stations-strong-morning.html)

[email protected] November 12th 06 03:12 PM

Longwave stations strong this morning

LW stations on 153, 180, and 189 kHz were quite strong at 1300 UTC this
morning, particularly the station on 153 kHz (S-8). Does anyone have
any idea where they are. Language sounded Russian or Eastern Euro.

Frank
Tucson

John Plimmer November 12th 06 05:45 PM

Longwave stations strong this morning

Get yourself a copy of WRTH and then you will know what these stations are.
Likely candidates a
153 Bechar, algeria 1000 kw
180 Pelati, turkey 1000 kw
189 gufuskela, Iceland 300 kw

Have fun, good luck and keep DXing

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

ups.com...

[email protected] November 12th 06 07:27 PM

Longwave stations strong this morning

John - a longwave DXer associate of mine said they were all in eastern
Russia because that is the only propagation path that is still
completely in darkness at 1300 UTC. I would highly doubt that I could
hear the ones you mentioned when it is daytime there due to typical LW
propagation. I could be wrong, however.

Frank

John Plimmer wrote:
Get yourself a copy of WRTH and then you will know what these stations are.
Likely candidates a
153 Bechar, algeria 1000 kw
180 Pelati, turkey 1000 kw
189 gufuskela, Iceland 300 kw

Have fun, good luck and keep DXing

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

ups.com...

John Plimmer November 12th 06 08:25 PM

Longwave stations strong this morning

sorry about that Frank, kinda shot my bolt off before checking your time.
WRTH lists R. Rossii as follows:
153 komosomolsk 1200 kw
180 Chita 600 kw
189 Belogorsk 1220 kw
(all in Russia)
good luck and good DX

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

ups.com...

John Plimmer wrote:
Get yourself a copy of WRTH and then you will know what these stations
are.
Likely candidates a
153 Bechar, algeria 1000 kw
180 Pelati, turkey 1000 kw
189 gufuskela, Iceland 300 kw

Have fun, good luck and keep DXing

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

ups.com...

Plop November 15th 06 09:34 PM

Longwave stations strong this morning

good info:

www.emwg.info

--
-- heeft je school ook soft van 15000 euro ??? -- (terwijl het gratis kan ??
http://www.lerarenforum.be/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4438