Old December 10th 06, 12:53 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

Default The fastest way to destroy ham radio is to eliminate the CW requirement.

When code is gone your going to see an in rush of lazy people that don't
want to be good or skilled at anything, and their frustration over their
laziness will be taken out on other hams on the bands. This will turn ham
radio into CB.

SC
Old December 10th 06, 10:52 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

Default kookathon

wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 00:53:12 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

When code is gone your going to see an in rush of lazy people that don't
want to be good or skilled at anything,

no sc you will see no such such I uonly wish we would see such a rush

what I hope to stablize our number and start undoing the damagge you
and yours have done the ARS

Begin, Mark, by undoing the damage you have already caused to No-Code
Technicians.

There is hardly an "our number" in the equation. You are the lone crybaby in
this group, Mark.

Your incessant hand-wringing and petulant whining about the CW requirement
is getting old.

Go cry somewhere else. Your complaints are falling on deaf ears.

Old December 10th 06, 06:12 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...

When code is gone your going to see an in rush of lazy people that don't
want to be good or skilled at anything, and their frustration over their
laziness will be taken out on other hams on the bands. This will turn ham
radio into CB.

SC

Code by hand/ear is a quaint skill much loved by old geezers. Just like
knowing how to use a slide-rule. Interesting for historical reasons... but
not very useful otherwise. And old geezers kick the bucket... so in the end
change comes by the minds of the young. Welcome to the 21st century,
Marconi.

SC, I remember what happened to the net with the introduction of AOL
"newbies". So I can relate to your fears. But I think that scenario will
only play out if code AND written exams are abolished. I don't think your
average CB'er could pass the technician exam without code.

Now, psychology... lazy people as a rule don't have frustration over their
laziness. They only get frustrated by biological needs. Why? because
they are L A Z Y.

Old December 16th 06, 03:34 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

I think it is reasonable to say that ham radio was already destroyed
because it has not kept up with change. Eliminating the CW tests will
helbring it back from possible extinction.

Who cares it we get lazy people into the hobby? At least we get some
people.

Old December 16th 06, 04:43 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

Slow Code wrote:
When code is gone your going to see an in rush of lazy people that don't
want to be good or skilled at anything, and their frustration over their
laziness will be taken out on other hams on the bands. This will turn ham
radio into CB.

But that's the whole idea ... to stymie uncensored communications
between rational adults.

That's why with every FCC ruling, the joys of scanning are effectively
reduced in favor of it.

Old December 17th 06, 02:37 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Me Now wrote:

I think it is reasonable to say that ham radio was already destroyed
because it has not kept up with change. Eliminating the CW tests will
helbring it back from possible extinction.

Snip

It was destroyed by not regulating it properly.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old December 23rd 06, 05:27 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

Enforcement will become a HAM wide effort, whereas,
established HAMs will have to keep an eye on new operators to ensure
they don't cross the line and if they do, turn them in to the FCC for
action.

LOL....from what I hear on the bands I would suggest hams police
themselves first before they worry about newcomers.

TMT

DamnIfIKnow wrote:
Slow Code wrote:
When code is gone your going to see an in rush of lazy people that don't
want to be good or skilled at anything, and their frustration over their
laziness will be taken out on other hams on the bands. This will turn ham
radio into CB.

SC

HAM isn't as popular as it used to be. All of the old HAMS have either
died off or are no longer on the air for various reasons. When a
service is threatened due to lack of interest, something must be done to
encourage people into the hobby. The FCC decided to eliminate one of
the hardest parts of obtaining a ticket in an effort to encourage people
to obtain a license and hopefully keep HAM radio alive and well. Why is
it I do not hear much code on the bands anymore? It used to be that
every ship at sea would communicate via key. Not today. Not in the age
of Satellites. So, why would you feel the code should still remain an
active part of being a HAM? Do YOU still use code? If so, for what?

Yeah, keep HAM back into the old days and don't evolve with technology.
That's the way to do it. It was better in the old days when you had to
bust your ass to learn a code that you would probably never use or even
listen to.

Time to move forward. With the cost of equipment far more expensive
than what CB used to be in the 70's, I seriously doubt HAM will turn
into what CB has become. Also, you fail to mention the fact that the
FCC DOES monitor and enforce HAM radio unlike CB that's become a zoo.

Anyone can go to the FCC enforcement website and read the many reports
of hefty fines imposed on commercial radio and HAM alike.

And before HAM turns into a CB zoo, it would have evolved a lot further
than it is today and people still wouldn't be able to buy a HAM toy to
use like CB. Enforcement will become a HAM wide effort, whereas,
established HAMs will have to keep an eye on new operators to ensure
they don't cross the line and if they do, turn them in to the FCC for
action. Most HAMS I know can work together to locate the fixed
transmission of another HAM.

So, relax. You will probably be gone to the big HAM shack in the sky
before HAM goes the way of CB.

Old December 23rd 06, 07:36 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

Slow Code wrote:
When code is gone your going to see an in rush of lazy people that don't
want to be good or skilled at anything, and their frustration over their
laziness will be taken out on other hams on the bands. This will turn ham
radio into CB.

SC

so what are you SC,a fortune teller,soothsayer,prophet or what?
I have been studying the code for a while now and I know all the
letters and everything
but I am very slow with it yet. My goal has been to take the code test
in January,I have already passed the tech and general tests.But I gotta
tell you,all the crap from guys like you
have really been a turn off. "Laziness,dumbing down,end of ham
radio,all that other ignorant crap from a bunch of these people make me
think why in the world learn the code,I sure would
not want to make a contact with one of these guys.No way my sending
would be good enough for these perfect hams and who needs the grief.But
you have it all figured out and know what the future holds for this
HOBBY.So I may go ahead and take the test next month and I might not.In
the end it wont make any difference will it?I really wish you and those
like you would accept the reality of the way things are and let it go,
enjoy the hobby and stop spreading hate and discontent.You just drive
people away with that junk.
Bill KC9IRR
RVN May69 to Dec 70
20th Engineer Brg.

Old December 23rd 06, 07:50 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

"sapper" wrote in message
ups.com...

Slow Code wrote:
[...]

My. You sure had a nice cry, didn't you?