Old December 26th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default atomic clock audio stream?

H. State wrote:

Don't push it, while 60Khz may be good and well for powerline updates.
Shortwave is how my clock gets its updates ...

JS
Old December 26th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

H. State wrote:
John Smith wrote:
H. State wrote:

Don't push it, while 60Khz may be good and well for powerline updates.
Shortwave is how my clock gets its updates ...

JS

You must work for a public utility company.

My clock is battery powered and receives the signal on 60 KHZ, as in
KILOHERTZ or KILOCYCLES, whichever you prefer. All the battery powered
clocks built in the past several years are battery powered.

Get a life, you friggin' dumbass!

Happy New Year.

Mine is a wrist watch ...

JS
Old December 26th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Smith wrote:
Michael Black wrote:
John Smith ) writes:

Think again, my battery operated "atomic clock" has a built in
antenna and gets its update via shortwave!

Not likely. ... Michael

Interesting. So, these battery operated 60 hz atomic clocks just
pull that powerline frequency out of the air, huh?

While I can accept powerline operated clocks get their data stream
from the powerline--how are you proposing the battery operated ones
do?

JS

JS,
It appears you do indeed have a comprehension problem.
(I thought it was just a quirk in our go-around a day or two ago, but
you've gone and done it again). Please note that
the poster said 60 *KILO* hertz, NOT 60 Hz. And it's NOT from the
powerline but rather WWVB that transmits a radio signal on 60 *KILO* Hertz.

From NIST (those fine folks that bring you WWV, et al):

NIST radio station WWVB is located on the same site as WWV near Fort
Collins, Colorado. The WWVB broadcasts are used by millions of people
throughout North America to synchronize consumer electronic products
like wall clocks, clock radios, and wris****ches.

Please note the word "wris****ches".

A more detailed description is at:

http://tf.nist.gov/stations/wwvb.htm

Hope that explains it...

Happy New Year
Old December 26th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Carter-k8vt wrote:
It appears you do indeed have a comprehension problem.
(I thought it was just a quirk in our go-around a day or two ago, but
you've gone and done it again). Please note that
the poster said 60 *KILO* hertz, NOT 60 Hz. And it's NOT from the
powerline but rather WWVB that transmits a radio signal on 60 *KILO* Hertz.

An astute mind would have caught, quickly, I was ignorant to the 60 Khz
signal from WWV. I have only used the 2.5Mhz, 5Mhz, 10Mhz, etc. signals.

The rest you so minutely explain, that was obvious to me ...

JS

Old July 2nd 14, 01:52 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
Carter-k8vt wrote:
It appears you do indeed have a comprehension problem.
(I thought it was just a quirk in our go-around a day or two ago, but
you've gone and done it again). Please note that
the poster said 60 *KILO* hertz, NOT 60 Hz. And it's NOT from the
powerline but rather WWVB that transmits a radio signal on 60 *KILO* Hertz.

An astute mind would have caught, quickly, I was ignorant to the 60 Khz
signal from WWV. I have only used the 2.5Mhz, 5Mhz, 10Mhz, etc. signals.

The rest you so minutely explain, that was obvious to me ...

JS
Back to the original question, the link http://vintagebbs.org/PSKWorld/wwv2.php has a receiver tuned to the best WWV frequency it can find by scanning every 20 minutes or so.

Buddy Bell