RadioBanter

-   -   95% of SW stations I pick up are Christian Gospel stations (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/112307-95%25-sw-stations-i-pick-up-christian-gospel-stations.html)

dead of night December 24th 06 04:48 PM

95% of SW stations I pick up are Christian Gospel stations

HI. I'm just wondering why most of the shortwave stations I find are
gospel stations. I was hoping also to find, odd underground
broadcasts, wacky, paranoid, offbeat, the kind of thing that is off the
beaten path. Are there things like this on shortwave radio, and if so,
can you tell me what's out there?

[email protected] December 24th 06 04:52 PM

dead of night wrote:
HI. I'm just wondering why most of the shortwave stations I find are
gospel stations. I was hoping also to find, odd underground
broadcasts, wacky, paranoid, offbeat, the kind of thing that is off the
beaten path. Are there things like this on shortwave radio, and if so,
can you tell me what's out there?

How about Alex Jones?
http://www.infowars.com/

[email protected] December 24th 06 05:17 PM

On 24 Dec 2006 08:52:03 -0800, wrote:

dead of night wrote:
HI. I'm just wondering why most of the shortwave stations I find are
gospel stations. I was hoping also to find, odd underground
broadcasts, wacky, paranoid, offbeat, the kind of thing that is off the
beaten path. Are there things like this on shortwave radio, and if so,
can you tell me what's out there?

How about Alex Jones?
http://www.infowars.com/

You're right about the overwhelming number of gospel/religious
stations dominating short wave in the States. Considering the
anti-intellectual inarticulate retard who's running this country, it's
no surprise...

Joe Analssandrini December 24th 06 05:21 PM

95% of SW stations I pick up are Christian Gospel stations

Dear "D. of N.,"

The "Hallelujah - Send Me Money" boys are the easiest broadcasts to
hear as most originate within the United States. They have fairly
powerful transmitters as there are enough people actually sending them
money to allow for this. (It is my opinion - and my opinion only - that
"getting into heaven" has absolutely nothing whatsoever with how much
money you send these people, but other peoples' opinions differ.)

There are still many far more interesting broadcasts available within
the established frequency (meter) bands but if you are interested in
"pirate" broadcasts, try tuning slowly from about 6800 to 7000 kHz late
at night, especially on holidays and holiday weekends. Patience is
required here as these transmissions are weak and erratic. Also take
note that to hear them properly you will generally have to use SSB -
lower or upper, depending on the broadcaster.

Best,

Joe

John Smith December 24th 06 05:23 PM

wrote:
dead of night wrote:
HI. I'm just wondering why most of the shortwave stations I find are
gospel stations. I was hoping also to find, odd underground
broadcasts, wacky, paranoid, offbeat, the kind of thing that is off the
beaten path. Are there things like this on shortwave radio, and if so,
can you tell me what's out there?

How about Alex Jones?
http://www.infowars.com/

How about http://www.coasttocoastam.com ???

JS

[email protected] December 24th 06 08:56 PM

John Smith wrote:
wrote:
dead of night wrote:
HI. I'm just wondering why most of the shortwave stations I find are
gospel stations. I was hoping also to find, odd underground
broadcasts, wacky, paranoid, offbeat, the kind of thing that is off the
beaten path. Are there things like this on shortwave radio, and if so,
can you tell me what's out there?

How about Alex Jones?
http://www.infowars.com/

How about http://www.coasttocoastam.com ???

JS

Only one hour of Coast to Coast is on shortwave (AFN). Also, AFN is
diffucult to receive compared to those southern US shortwave stations.

Beloved Leader December 25th 06 04:22 AM

dead of night wrote:
I was hoping also to find, odd underground
broadcasts, wacky, paranoid, offbeat, the kind of thing that is off the
beaten path.

SW has lost lots of its luster since the end of the cold war. Radio
Moscow was always worth a listen, and there was nothing on the air to
compare with Radio Tirana. They hated everybody.

[email protected] December 25th 06 11:55 PM

Beloved Leader wrote:
dead of night wrote:
I was hoping also to find, odd underground
broadcasts, wacky, paranoid, offbeat, the kind of thing that is off the
beaten path.

SW has lost lots of its luster since the end of the cold war. Radio
Moscow was always worth a listen, and there was nothing on the air to
compare with Radio Tirana. They hated everybody.

The PDRK is about as crazy as it gets.

[email protected] December 26th 06 12:14 AM

95% of SW stations I pick up are Christian Gospel stations

Diversified Technologies,Inc www.dtims.com here in Jackson builds
some Antennas (and some other Military grade thingys,single board
computers and stuff) for the U.S.Marines.I think they are located in the
Northeast Jackson area.(I can look em up in my phone book) But unlike
some of them antennas and thingys MFJEnterprises in Starkeville sells,I
reckon them Marines don't need to tighten up any nuts and bolts and
screws,except for when they are replacing them long man pack radio's
antennas with the new fangled shorter Military antennas.
cuhulin

[email protected] December 26th 06 12:35 AM

95% of SW stations I pick up are Christian Gospel stations

Money has absolutely nothing to do at all with getting into Heaven or
Hell.No payola in those places.
cuhulin