RadioBanter

-   -   So You Want To Run Your 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio On Batteries . . . (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/112318-re-so-you-want-run-your-portable-am-fm-shortwave-radio-batteries.html)

Cato December 24th 06 11:08 PM

So You Want To Run Your 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio On Batteries . . .

But apparently if you go above 2500 maH with NiMH AA's, you get a
drop in the number of times the batterys can be recharged. And the
further up you go beyond 2500, the bigger the drop. I can't remember
the website this information was on. But it looks like 2500 maH in AA
batterys is the highest you can go and have the maximum number of
recharge times. I'll have to see if I can find it again. But if that is
the case, and you want maximum recharge capability, then I wouldn't
bother going over 2500 maH. I bought a 4 pack of batteries that were
over 2500, (2600 or 2700 I think), and then when I saw the info on the
website about the dropping recharge capability, I decided to stick with
2500's and not bother with those that are higher maH.
If anybody has any more info on this tendency of NiMH batterys
having a lower number of recharge times when you go over 2500 maH I
would certainly be interested in seeing it. Of course there is the
chance that the info on that site was wrong. I am going to investigate
this more.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all - Cato