RadioBanter

-   -   I'm getting an interesting, strong station on 2305 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/112698-re-im-getting-interesting-strong-station-2305-a.html)

Telamon December 30th 06 06:34 PM

I'm getting an interesting, strong station on 2305

In article . com,
"dead of night" wrote:

I'm getting an interesting show on 2305. It's usually two men on a
radio show talking to each other. I believe that one is calling the
other on a phone line. They usually speak about how things are going
to get worse in the upcoming year, with more tornadoes, heat waves and
other calamaties. Has anyone else heard it?

Chances are you heard a harmonic of a AMBCB station and Coast to Coast.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

dead of night December 30th 06 07:21 PM

I'm getting an interesting, strong station on 2305

Telamon wrote:
In article . com,
"dead of night" wrote:

I'm getting an interesting show on 2305. It's usually two men on a
radio show talking to each other. I believe that one is calling the
other on a phone line. They usually speak about how things are going
to get worse in the upcoming year, with more tornadoes, heat waves and
other calamaties. Has anyone else heard it?

Chances are you heard a harmonic of a AMBCB station and Coast to Coast.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

I'm pretty sure it was a WCCR station, which would explain why it was
so strong. I thought I heard the names, Randy and Pete, but I'm not
sure.

[email protected] December 31st 06 10:00 AM

I'm getting an interesting, strong station on 2305

dead of night wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article . com,
"dead of night" wrote:

I'm getting an interesting show on 2305. It's usually two men on a
radio show talking to each other. I believe that one is calling the
other on a phone line. They usually speak about how things are going
to get worse in the upcoming year, with more tornadoes, heat waves and
other calamaties. Has anyone else heard it?

Chances are you heard a harmonic of a AMBCB station and Coast to Coast.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

I'm pretty sure it was a WCCR station, which would explain why it was
so strong. I thought I heard the names, Randy and Pete, but I'm not
sure.

It is WWCR.

http://www.wwcr.com/wwcr_program/ProgGuide.htm

Brian

Telamon December 31st 06 10:35 AM

I'm getting an interesting, strong station on 2305

In article .com,
wrote:

dead of night wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article . com,
"dead of night" wrote:

I'm getting an interesting show on 2305. It's usually two men on a
radio show talking to each other. I believe that one is calling the
other on a phone line. They usually speak about how things are going
to get worse in the upcoming year, with more tornadoes, heat waves and
other calamaties. Has anyone else heard it?

Chances are you heard a harmonic of a AMBCB station and Coast to Coast.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

I'm pretty sure it was a WCCR station, which would explain why it was
so strong. I thought I heard the names, Randy and Pete, but I'm not
sure.

It is WWCR.

http://www.wwcr.com/wwcr_program/ProgGuide.htm

I went to the page and I don't see them on 2305 KHz. Lowest frequency
they broadcast on is 3215/3210 KHz.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

[email protected] December 31st 06 11:56 AM

I'm getting an interesting, strong station on 2305

Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

dead of night wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article . com,
"dead of night" wrote:

[...]

I listened to 3.215 and 2.305 which was a much weaker signal and the
broadcasts were the same.

I heard the call letters on the 3.215 freq.

They at 10:00 UTC they logged off 3.215 and advised listeners to change
to 9.985.

I don't understand the 2.305 signal.

Brian

ve3... December 31st 06 08:55 PM

I'm getting an interesting, strong station on 2305

dxAce wrote:
"ve3..." wrote:

Math isn't the only thing you Canucks have problems with.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""
We know enough not to end a sentence with a preposition.

dxAce December 31st 06 10:33 PM

"ve3..." wrote:

dxAce wrote:
"ve3..." wrote:

Math isn't the only thing you Canucks have problems with.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""
We know enough not to end a sentence with a preposition.

That's a real nation builder!

LMFAO

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Telamon December 31st 06 10:50 PM

I'm getting an interesting, strong station on 2305

In article .com,
wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

dead of night wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article
. com,
"dead of night" wrote:

[...]

Must be some kind of image generated in your radio then. The only other
USA broadcaster I hear down there is WWRB on 3185. Heard them playing
Brother Stair last night on that frequency.

Another thing is I think I heard WWCR on 3210 not 3215 last night. Maybe
your IF filter is wide enough to hear a strong station 5 KHz away.

Are you using an inexpensive portable radio?

Your post and the DPRK thread got me looking around these low bands last
night. Reception has been very good the last few days. I was hearing
stations across the Pacific, central, and south America.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

weatherall January 1st 07 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by
I listened to 3.215 and 2.305 which was a much weaker signal and the broadcasts were the same.

I heard the call letters on the 3.215 freq.

They at 10:00 UTC they logged off 3.215 and advised listeners to change
to 9.985.

I don't understand the 2.305 signal.

Brian

2305 + 910 = 3215. This is a common sign that you are using a single-conversion receiver that uses a 455 khz intermediate frequency. It's called an image when a signal is received at a frequency far away from the broadcast frequency. The formula is: image frequency + (2 * receiver's intermediate frequency) = actual frequency. Which radio did you use for this reception?

John Barnard January 1st 07 09:09 PM

I'm getting an interesting, strong station on 2305

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dxAce wrote:

"ve3..." wrote:

dxAce wrote:
"ve3..." wrote:

Math isn't the only thing you Canucks have problems with.

dxAce
Michigan
USA
We know enough not to end a sentence with a preposition.

That's a real nation builder!

LMFAO

I think it could be a good slogan for Canada.

Hey NetKKKop,
It's good to see that your hypocrisy continues into 2007.

JB