RadioBanter

-   -   WARNING - Eton E1 Radio Owners 'possible' Bad Wall Warts - Is Your's OK ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/112825-warning-eton-e1-radio-owners-possible-bad-wall-warts-yours-ok.html)

RHF January 1st 07 11:35 AM

WARNING - Eton E1 Radio Owners 'possible' Bad Wall Warts - Is Your's OK ?

- - - In ,
- - - Bart Bailey km6rf@... wrote:
-
- I recently encountered an anomaly with my supplied wall wart
- that I've never seen before. It went dead and upon inspection
- noticed that a blister developed on the side of the case.
- This was a surprise as I had thought it to be one of the best
- wall warts I'd ever seen, with the third pin grounding etc.
- I plan to send it back to see what they do, replace it or
- ignore me, in the next few days.
-
- I posted a pic on the newsgroup
- news:alt.binaries.pictures.tools
- as I don't think attachments are
- allowed in yahoo group messages.
-
- Bart
-

BART - Call Eton Corp ASAP {Tuesday} and give them all
the INFO off your Wall Wart plus the Serial Number of
Your Radio.

WARNING - Bad Wall Warts
- It's Not About The Wall Wart.
- It's Not About The Radio
- IT'S ABOUT PROTECTING YOUR HOME AND FAMILY [.]

HELLO EVERYONE - Take-the-Time to have a Look at
your Wall Wart - Do You See Anything Visibly Wrong ?
* If So - Don't Use It -and- Let Us Know.
* More Importantly - Tell the Eton Corp ASAP !

REMEMBER - Be Safe and Enjoy your Eton E1 Radios.

e1'ing you all ~ RHF

[email protected] January 1st 07 03:05 PM

WARNING - Eton E1 Radio Owners 'possible' Bad Wall Warts - IsY...

Some of those cheap wall warts are not worth having.They can ruin
whatever electronic equipment they are being used with too.Most of that
Chinese stuff isn't UL (United Laboratoies) approved for America.
cuhulin

[email protected] January 1st 07 03:32 PM

wrote:
Some of those cheap wall warts are not worth having.They can ruin
whatever electronic equipment they are being used with too.Most of that
Chinese stuff isn't UL (United Laboratoies) approved for America.
cuhulin

Hey Brian Hill, there's you wonderful cheap plastic-boxed Eaton ****
E1, for you !