RadioBanter

-   -   162 kHz good tonight! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/115539-162-khz-good-tonight.html)

Jim Shaffer February 22nd 07 04:42 AM

162 kHz good tonight!

France Inter's 2 megawatts ERP is relatively booming in to central
Pennsylvania tonight at 0435 UTC. In fact, it's the first time I've
heard a longwave station clear enough that I would have 100% copy if
my French was better :) Other western European LW stations are coming
and going just above the noise as they usually do. My antenna is a
Longwave Engineering H-800 Skymatch outdoor active vertical E-field
probe.

Thierry VIGNAUD February 22nd 07 06:05 PM

162 kHz good tonight!

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:42:26 -0500, Jim Shaffer wrote:

France Inter's 2 megawatts ERP is relatively booming in to central
Pennsylvania tonight at 0435 UTC. In fact, it's the first time I've
heard a longwave station clear enough that I would have 100% copy if
my French was better :) Other western European LW stations are coming
and going just above the noise as they usually do. My antenna is a
Longwave Engineering H-800 Skymatch outdoor active vertical E-field
probe.

If you are interested to view pictures from 162 kHz Allouis - France, you can
go on my web site :

http://perso.orange.fr/tvignaud/am/a...fr-allouis.htm

The text in in french, but they are many pictures since the 30's for this
broadcasting center

Emetteurs radio et TV :
http://perso.orange.fr/tvignaud

willismat February 23rd 07 02:16 AM

162 kHz good tonight!

On Feb 21, 11:42 pm, Jim Shaffer wrote:
France Inter's 2 megawatts ERP is relatively booming in to central
Pennsylvania tonight at 0435 UTC. In fact, it's the first time I've
heard a longwave station clear enough that I would have 100% copy if
my French was better :) Other western European LW stations are coming
and going just above the noise as they usually do. My antenna is a
Longwave Engineering H-800 Skymatch outdoor active vertical E-field
probe.

That antenna is new to me, do you have any website links to take a
look at it?

BTW, nice catch!

Thierry VIGNAUD February 23rd 07 03:15 PM

162 kHz good tonight!

wrote:

France Inter's 2 megawatts ERP is relatively booming in to central
Pennsylvania tonight at 0435 UTC. I

In fact , at this time, the power was 1 MW.

During winter, 162 kHz is using 1 MW during night time in Europe :
1700-0500 UTC.

In summer, it's 1 MW : 1900-0400 UTC.

Modifications between winter/summer are at the equinox.

Emetteurs radio et TV :
http://perso.orange.fr/tvignaud

Jim Shaffer February 24th 07 12:20 AM

162 kHz good tonight!

On 22 Feb 2007 18:16:02 -0800, "willismat"
wrote:

My antenna is a
Longwave Engineering H-800 Skymatch outdoor active vertical E-field
probe.

That antenna is new to me, do you have any website links to take a
look at it?

I meant to say "LF Engineering". Their products are at
http://www.lfengineering.com/products.htm