RadioBanter

-   -   Tuning In (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/116309-tuning.html)

julian814 March 8th 07 05:46 PM

Tuning In

Anybody willing to give me a list of bands I'm most likely to hear
things at? I understand that shortwave isn't as active as it used to
be, but I'd still like to get into it. I'm mostly interested in
hearing English programs (like news) from overseas. Thank you.

Ralph Glatt

Caveat Lector March 8th 07 06:40 PM

Tuning In

"julian814" wrote in message
ps.com...
Anybody willing to give me a list of bands I'm most likely to hear
things at? I understand that shortwave isn't as active as it used to
be, but I'd still like to get into it. I'm mostly interested in
hearing English programs (like news) from overseas. Thank you.

Ralph Glatt

For times to listen see URL:
http://www.odxa.on.ca/beginnersguide/swwhen.html

For English broadcasting stations - see URL:
http://hfradio.org/english/

Good listening

CL

Caveat Lector March 8th 07 06:44 PM

Tuning In

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message

"julian814" wrote in message
ps.com...
Anybody willing to give me a list of bands I'm most likely to hear
things at? I understand that shortwave isn't as active as it used to
be, but I'd still like to get into it. I'm mostly interested in
hearing English programs (like news) from overseas. Thank you.

Ralph Glatt

For times to listen see URL:
http://www.odxa.on.ca/beginnersguide/swwhen.html

For English broadcasting stations - see URL:
http://hfradio.org/english/

Good listening

Lots more on Short Wave Listening at URL:
http://ac6v.com/swl.htm

CL

[email protected] March 8th 07 06:51 PM

Tuning In

israel,I HOPE y'all get NUKED,BIG TIME! I need to slap some new (two)
batteries in my cute little hand held webtv wireless keyboard now.It's
acting buggy.It's all your fault,isrGOTOHELLael.
cuhulin

[email protected] March 8th 07 07:02 PM

Tuning In

MORON so-called ''mayor'' of Jackson,Mississippi (I live in Jackson)
made it to www.wpost.com His IDIOT MORON ass is in Prison right
now.They ought to keep his sniveling ass there too.
cuhulin