RadioBanter

-   -   Kenwood R-5000 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/116411-kenwood-r-5000-a.html)

Unrevealed Source March 10th 07 02:00 PM

Kenwood R-5000

I am aware of the dreaded "keyboard bounce" that can occur on these
receivers, but what can be done about it? I'm looking to buy one, but if I
find one that has this problem but otherwise fine, is it an easy fix, or
what? Thanks.

Jeff

Telamon March 10th 07 08:08 PM

Kenwood R-5000

In article ,
"Unrevealed Source" wrote:

I am aware of the dreaded "keyboard bounce" that can occur on these
receivers, but what can be done about it? I'm looking to buy one, but if I
find one that has this problem but otherwise fine, is it an easy fix, or
what? Thanks.

Most keyboards have some kind of de-bounce circuitry using an RC time
constant. If you had a schematic you could increase the values.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

dxAce March 10th 07 09:33 PM

Kenwood R-5000

Unrevealed Source wrote:

I am aware of the dreaded "keyboard bounce" that can occur on these
receivers, but what can be done about it? I'm looking to buy one, but if I
find one that has this problem but otherwise fine, is it an easy fix, or
what? Thanks.

I used an R-5000 for a while. I sold it at a hamfest in the early 90's. I
returned home and turned my other radios on and nothing on shortwave, nothing.

A total SW blackout.

I sat there figuring the fellow I sold the R-5000 to was probably at home as
well and pretty well p'd off!

dxAce
Michigan
USA