RadioBanter

-   -   RADIO HELP! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/116620-radio-help.html)

win2tanker March 14th 07 05:47 PM

RADIO HELP!

I just got a used Realistic CB base station trc-432. When it will
turn on for me it produces a strong smell like there is something
burning inside. Any suggestion on how to fix it?
thanks in advance

[email protected] March 14th 07 06:34 PM

RADIO HELP!

It's probally fried now.If there is a CB radio shop near you,you can
take it there and have it checked out.I would check out the thrift
stores and pawn shops and junk shops for a good one.You can also check
out the yard sales in your area.I don't do ebay.New ones don't cost much
money.
cuhulin

NDeveau March 15th 07 12:10 AM

RADIO HELP!

In article . com,
"win2tanker" wrote:

I just got a used Realistic CB base station trc-432. When it will
turn on for me it produces a strong smell like there is something
burning inside. Any suggestion on how to fix it?
thanks in advance

I had one that was doing the same thing. It seemed like the final output
transistors were overheating. I didn't try to fix it, I just took out a
few usefull parts and through the rest away.

Norm

[email protected] March 15th 07 12:14 AM

RADIO HELP!

www.devilfinder.com CB Radios

I want to buy a wireless frequency reader that will read most all
frequencies.
cuhulin

Cameltoe Johnson March 15th 07 12:56 AM

RADIO HELP!

On 2007-03-14 13:47:07 -0400, "win2tanker" said:

I just got a used Realistic CB base station trc-432. When it will
turn on for me it produces a strong smell like there is something
burning inside. Any suggestion on how to fix it?
thanks in advance

LOL! It's a cb! It's going to smell and suck right out of the box!