RadioBanter

-   -   Chinese on 1377 KHZ (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/118465-chinese-1377-khz.html)

Dan Yemiola AI8O April 23rd 07 11:26 PM

Chinese on 1377 KHZ

I am in Lexington, North Carolina USA.

At 2201 GMT (about two hours to local sunset) I was listening to 1380 and a
strong heterodyne started coming in overpowering a local AM station
I tuned down to 1377 KHz, and found an Asian language station SINPO 42453.

What station is this?
A 2002 WRTH says:

200 KW 1377 KHz
Voice of the Straits
Fuzhou, Fujian
China

Is this Transpacific BCB DX ?

This was quite a strong signal until the a quick fadeout about 2208z.

Does anybody have any idea how this signal propagated from China to NC on
the east coast of North America?

Or am I misidentifying something else closer to me?