RadioBanter

-   -   Eton E5 Vs. Icom R-75 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/118824-re-eton-e5-vs-icom-r-75-a.html)

RHF May 3rd 07 03:08 AM

Eton E5 Vs. Icom R-75

On May 2, 5:57 pm, wrote:
- Anyone have both ?

Comment on performance . .?

Please post

Tks

BARNEGA,

Don't have the Eton E5 -but- I do have the Eton E1 Radio.

I also have the Icom IC-R75 Receiver and it is a better
Shortwave Receiver then the Eton E1 Radio.

So IMHO the Icom IC-R75 clearly must be a better
Shortwave Receiver then the Eton E5 Radio.

-IF- You are looking for an AM and FM Radio with the
Shortwave Bands : Go for the Eton E5 Radio.

-IF- You are looking for a Shortwave Receiver that
includeds AM/MW and LW : Go for the Icom IC-R75
Receiver -but- remember it does not have FM.

and that is my two cents worth ~ RHF

[email protected] May 3rd 07 12:26 PM

Eton E5 Vs. Icom R-75

On May 2, 10:08 pm, RHF wrote:
On May 2, 5:57 pm, wrote:

- Anyone have both ?

Comment on performance . .?

Please post

Tks

BARNEGA,

Don't have the Eton E5 -but- I do have the Eton E1 Radio.

I also have the Icom IC-R75 Receiver and it is a better
Shortwave Receiver then the Eton E1 Radio.

So IMHO the Icom IC-R75 clearly must be a better
Shortwave Receiver then the Eton E5 Radio.

-IF- You are looking for an AM and FM Radio with the
Shortwave Bands : Go for the Eton E5 Radio.

-IF- You are looking for a Shortwave Receiver that
includeds AM/MW and LW : Go for the Icom IC-R75
Receiver -but- remember it does not have FM.

and that is my two cents worth ~ RHF
.
.
. .

Thanks . .

Thinking about buying a new toy;

Eton E5 doesn't have double pre amps and Digital Noise reduction..
among others..

Have too much stuff already

will save up a bit..

and wait . . .