RadioBanter

-   -   Magnavox D2935- how to take it apart? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/119486-magnavox-d2935-how-take-apart.html)

michael_s May 21st 07 07:34 PM

Magnavox D2935- how to take it apart?

I've inherited a beaten up old Magnavox D2935 that I want to restore
to some degree. My first challenge with the project- getting the darn
thing open- is proving to be a problem. Does anyone know of hiding
screws or tabs somewhere that must be released? I can't see anything
holding to together except 3 screws and, with those removed, the set
refuses to budge except in the lower right corner (facing the rear).

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Michael Black May 21st 07 07:43 PM

michael_s ) writes:
I've inherited a beaten up old Magnavox D2935 that I want to restore
to some degree. My first challenge with the project- getting the darn
thing open- is proving to be a problem. Does anyone know of hiding
screws or tabs somewhere that must be released? I can't see anything
holding to together except 3 screws and, with those removed, the set
refuses to budge except in the lower right corner (facing the rear).

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

I don't know, but often consumer electronic equipment uses both screws
and plastic latches. The latches often aren't aparent, until you actually
get it open, at which point they are obvious, though a tad too late.

Also, they often have screws under labels (which sometimes even say
the warranty is void if the sticker is removed) or in the battery compartment.

Michael