RadioBanter

-   -   My first radio (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/120132-re-my-first-radio.html)

Jim Driscoll June 6th 07 03:30 PM

My first radio

I wonder if anyone has info on my graduation present in 1963. It's a
General Electric transistor portable in a brown leatherette case (purchased
in Canada), model 67R18. It pulled in all the powerhouse AM stations
(including WLS and WWVA) at night when I was working in North-western
Ontario.

Jim

"?ish" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mine is National Panasonic 5410. Actually it is a MW & 3 SW band
cassette recorder. Found a site that has little info about this
radio:
http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/nationa...410br5410.html

Still working great!!!! What about you?

-?ish

[email protected] June 6th 07 07:42 PM

My first radio

Some people go nuts when they get an old tube type radio or old
transistor radio.
Gotta recap it, gotta do this, gotta do that, gotta make the cabinet
look better than brand spanking new!

If the old radio works ok, I say leave it alone and enjoy it just like
it is.
cuhulin

[email protected] June 6th 07 07:44 PM

My first radio

Welllll,,,, my old body is still working.But not as great as it used to.
cuhulin