RadioBanter

-   -   Receiver News? Kneisner + Doering (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/121513-receiver-news-kneisner-doering.html)

dxAce July 6th 07 12:07 PM

Receiver News? Kneisner + Doering

Where oh where is the new KWZ-30/2 receiver? I emailed Kneisner + Doering a few
months ago and received no response.

http://kd-elektronik.com/index_e.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Steve July 6th 07 12:43 PM

On Jul 6, 7:07 am, dxAce wrote:
Where oh where is the new KWZ-30/2 receiver? I emailed Kneisner + Doering a few
months ago and received no response.

http://kd-elektronik.com/index_e.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Same here. I emailed them roughly a week ago and didn't get a reply.

Steve

RHF July 6th 07 03:07 PM

Receiver News ? : Kneisner + Doering : DSP Receiver KWZ-30/2 ?

On Jul 6, 4:07 am, dxAce wrote:
Where oh where is the new KWZ-30/2 receiver? I emailed Kneisner + Doering a few
months ago and received no response.

http://kd-elektronik.com/index_e.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Kneisner + Doering Elektronik GmbH
http://kd-elektronik.com/

? The DSP Receiver KWZ-30/2 ?
http://kd-elektronik.com/kwz32_e/index.html
NOTE - The release date is still unknown, -but-
we hope that we can present the receiver in 2006.
- - - This is as of : July 2007 ?

Picture/Image { Picture not available yeti . . . :o}
http://kd-elektronik.com/kwz32_e/kwz32e_1.html

Preliminary Technical Specifications
http://kd-elektronik.com/kwz32_e/kwz32e_3.html

Here is the INFO on the 'old' DSP Receiver KWZ-30
http://kd-elektronik.com/kwz30_e/index.html
The described Model "KWZ30" is no longer available.
K+D is working on the successor model KWZ30-2.

and for now that is all there is ~ RHF

Telamon July 7th 07 02:58 AM

Receiver News? Kneisner + Doering

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Where oh where is the new KWZ-30/2 receiver? I emailed Kneisner + Doering a
few
months ago and received no response.

http://kd-elektronik.com/index_e.html

This is what's called vaporware as opposed to hardware.

Example most promised DRM and HD radio gear is vaporware.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

bm July 9th 07 10:47 AM

Receiver News? Kneisner + Doering

The KWZ-30 did have its issues...most notably the internal PSU which
failed twice in mine. I believe others had trouble too. I am not going
to wait for a KWZ-30/2. Maybe their SDR, KDG-SR100, is more
interesting.

BM

On the upside, so far as I know the KWZ-30 didn't have any major
'issues', and if nothing else K&D are competent (and then some) in the
engineering department. This would make it a little easier for me to
be quick on the trigger when (if) the KWZ-30/2 is finally released.

Steve

Steve July 9th 07 03:12 PM

On Jul 9, 5:47 am, bm wrote:
The KWZ-30 did have its issues...most notably the internal PSU which
failed twice in mine. I believe others had trouble too. I am not going
to wait for a KWZ-30/2. Maybe their SDR, KDG-SR100, is more
interesting.

BM

On the upside, so far as I know the KWZ-30 didn't have any major
'issues', and if nothing else K&D are competent (and then some) in the
engineering department. This would make it a little easier for me to
be quick on the trigger when (if) the KWZ-30/2 is finally released.

Steve- Hide quoted text -

Do you know anyone who's tried the KDG-SR100? It's been out for a
while now and I haven't heard from anyone who's purchased one. I
already have a TecTec RX-320D. It's very nice and is probably about as
far down the SDR road as I'm willing to travel.

Steve

bm July 9th 07 08:41 PM

On 9 Jul, 16:12, Steve wrote:
On Jul 9, 5:47 am, bm wrote:

The KWZ-30 did have its issues...most notably the internal PSU which
failed twice in mine. I believe others had trouble too. I am not going
to wait for a KWZ-30/2. Maybe their SDR, KDG-SR100, is more
interesting.

BM

On the upside, so far as I know the KWZ-30 didn't have any major
'issues', and if nothing else K&D are competent (and then some) in the
engineering department. This would make it a little easier for me to
be quick on the trigger when (if) the KWZ-30/2 is finally released.

Steve- Hide quoted text -

Do you know anyone who's tried the KDG-SR100? It's been out for a
while now and I haven't heard from anyone who's purchased one. I
already have a TecTec RX-320D. It's very nice and is probably about as
far down the SDR road as I'm willing to travel.

Steve

Hmm... It seems that the post I sent never materialised in this ng.
Anyway: No, I haven't heard of anyone in my area (Scandinavia) who's
bought one. Maybe Germany. Here's a link that compares the SR-100
with the Flex-Radio SDR-1000. Those who don't understand German should
get the picture anyway. The hardware requirements are roughly the same
- especially the need of a high-end soundcard. The RF Space SDR-14
and SDR-IQ are much more modest in that respect.

I suppose the RX-320D is not a "real" SDR but a PC-controlled
receiver.

BM

bm July 9th 07 08:42 PM

Receiver News? Kneisner + Doering

Do you know anyone who's tried the KDG-SR100? It's been out for a
while now and I haven't heard from anyone who's purchased one. I
already have a TecTec RX-320D. It's very nice and is probably about as
far down the SDR road as I'm willing to travel.

Steve

Sorry I'm not on par today. Here is the link:
http://rw3ps.qrz.ru/Download/Messungen_KDG-SR100.pdf

BM

Steve July 9th 07 09:36 PM

On Jul 9, 3:42 pm, bm wrote:
Do you know anyone who's tried the KDG-SR100? It's been out for a
while now and I haven't heard from anyone who's purchased one. I
already have a TecTec RX-320D. It's very nice and is probably about as
far down the SDR road as I'm willing to travel.

Steve

Sorry I'm not on par today. Here is the link:http://rw3ps.qrz.ru/Download/Messungen_KDG-SR100.pdf

BM

Thanks for the link.