RadioBanter

-   -   broken rp2100 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/122161-broken-rp2100.html)

[email protected] July 20th 07 02:25 PM

broken rp2100

Hi Everyone,

Some time ago I purchased a Redsun RP2100. Overall I have been
pleased with it as it has performed well for me. Recently the front
dial became damaged during a flight in my luggage. The plastic dial
is loose and the rotary switch inside is starting to get more and more
play. I suspect the rotary switch of the main tuning dial is not long
for this world. Does anyone know where what model this rotary switch
is and where I would be able to find a replacement? Thanks for any
help you can give me. Regards,

Garth

Roadie July 20th 07 03:16 PM

broken rp2100

On Jul 20, 9:25 am, wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Some time ago I purchased a Redsun RP2100. Overall I have been
pleased with it as it has performed well for me. Recently the front
dial became damaged during a flight in my luggage. The plastic dial
is loose and the rotary switch inside is starting to get more and more
play. I suspect the rotary switch of the main tuning dial is not long
for this world. Does anyone know where what model this rotary switch
is and where I would be able to find a replacement? Thanks for any
help you can give me. Regards,

Garth

I would call the seller. I understand that some guys have gotten
replacement tuners for the DE1103 that way.

RHF July 20th 07 11:03 PM

broken rp2100

On Jul 20, 6:25 am, wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Some time ago I purchased a Redsun RP2100. Overall I have been
pleased with it as it has performed well for me. Recently the front
dial became damaged during a flight in my luggage. The plastic dial
is loose and the rotary switch inside is starting to get more and more
play. I suspect the rotary switch of the main tuning dial is not long
for this world. Does anyone know where what model this rotary switch
is and where I would be able to find a replacement? Thanks for any
help you can give me. Regards,

Garth

Garth,

1 - Contact the Seller and inquire but don't commit.

2 - It may be far simplier to buy a new one then
to attempt to repair the damaged/broken one.

hope this helps ~ RHF