RadioBanter

-   -   -FYI- Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antenna - FS / FA (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/122514-fyi-kiwa-mw-air-core-loop-antenna-fs-fa.html)

RHF July 31st 07 07:21 AM

-FYI- Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antenna - FS / FA

For One and All,

[email protected] August 1st 07 07:18 AM

-FYI- Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antenna - FS / FA

On Jul 30, 11:21 pm, RHF wrote:
For One and All,
.
-FYI- Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antenna - FS / FA
.
Once again there is another one of the Legendary and
Hard-to-Fined Kiwa Air Core MW Loop Antenna's on eBay.
.
One of the KIWA MW Air-Core Loop Antennas is currently
on eBay at this time; for those who are looking for one.
.http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ160143037047
.http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Performance...ntenna_W0QQite...
.
NOTICE - BE ADVISED : This is NOT my Auction
and I am NOT Associated with the eBay Seller.
.
PLEASE NOTE : That this Message is being Posted
for Informational Purposes Only.
.
CAUTION - Know your Seller and something about what they are Selling.
.
.
As Always - Buyer Beware - Life is a Gamble and so is eBay ~ RHF
.
.
. .

Missing controller?

Get a Wellbrook! With a good tuner, you don't need the front end
filtering that the Kiwa provides.

RHF August 1st 07 08:55 AM

-FYI- Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antenna - FS / FA

On Jul 31, 11:18 pm, wrote:
On Jul 30, 11:21 pm, RHF wrote:

For One and All,
.
[...]

filtering that the Kiwa provides.- Hide quoted text -

M-Sushi - "Missing Controller"
That's a major Oops ! ~ RHF

[email protected] August 2nd 07 03:15 AM

-FYI- Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antenna - FS / FA

On Aug 1, 2:55?am, RHF wrote:
M-Sushi - "Missing Controller"
That's a major Oops ! ~ RHF

There was an Kiwa MW Loop without a controller or power supply on eBay
back in 1994. I understand that Kiwa can supply you with a
controller, but it will not be cheap.

73 John KC0G

[email protected] August 2nd 07 06:17 AM

-FYI- Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antenna - FS / FA

On Aug 1, 7:15 pm, "
wrote:
On Aug 1, 2:55?am, RHF wrote:

M-Sushi - "Missing Controller"
That's a major Oops ! ~ RHF

There was an Kiwa MW Loop without a controller or power supply on eBay
back in 1994. I understand that Kiwa can supply you with a
controller, but it will not be cheap.

73 John KC0G

Back in 94, you could get a used Kiwa for about $200, and probably
worth it. As I've stated before, I have a friend will all three. That
is, a kiwa, quantum, and wellbrook, and we tested them on a Drake R8B.
Once in a while the kiwa and quantum seem better than the wellbrook,
but it is hard to tell. You can't trust S meters on any antenna with
an amplifier. You have to use your ear. If I were to get something to
suppliment my Wellbrook, it would probably be the Quantum. It can
sometimes get a better null than the Wellbrook, but the differences
are slight.

RHF August 2nd 07 07:49 AM

-FYI- Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antenna - FS / FA

On Aug 1, 10:17 pm, wrote:
On Aug 1, 7:15 pm, "
wrote:

On Aug 1, 2:55?am, RHF wrote:

M-Sushi - "Missing Controller"
That's a major Oops ! ~ RHF

There was an Kiwa MW Loop without a controller or power supply on eBay
back in 1994. I understand that Kiwa can supply you with a
controller, but it will not be cheap.

73 John KC0G

Back in 94, you could get a used Kiwa for about $200, and probably
worth it. As I've stated before, I have a friend will all three. That
is, a kiwa, quantum, and wellbrook, and we tested them on a Drake R8B.
Once in a while the kiwa and quantum seem better than the wellbrook,
but it is hard to tell. You can't trust S meters on any antenna with
an amplifier. You have to use your ear. If I were to get something to
suppliment my Wellbrook, it would probably be the Quantum. It can
sometimes get a better null than the Wellbrook, but the differences
are slight.

M-Sushi - Which Wellbrook Antenna ? ~ RHF

RHF August 2nd 07 11:53 PM

-FYI- Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antenna - FS / FA

On Aug 2, 12:28 pm, wrote:
On Aug 1, 11:49 pm, RHF wrote:

On Aug 1, 10:17 pm, wrote:

On Aug 1, 7:15 pm, "
wrote:

On Aug 1, 2:55?am, RHF wrote:

[...]

He has a 1530. I use the ALA100 and roll my own loop as the situation
requires. [Small loop for the house, large wire loop when camping.]- Hide quoted text -

M-Sushi - TYVM ~ RHF