RadioBanter

-   -   Kenwood R-5000 problem (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/122542-re-kenwood-r-5000-problem.html)

[email protected] July 31st 07 10:01 PM

Kenwood R-5000 problem

Mike:
Give this cheap fix a try. It might work. The R 5000 runs quite
warm. Leave the radio running for a few days. It may bake off the
excess moisture . I had the same problem about 1997 at it worked for
me. Also helps if you keep it plugged in even if you are going to be
away for a month or two.
Bob

On Jul 31, 12:05 pm, "Mike M." wrote:
Hi,
I have a twenty year old R-5000. The power was off for a while and
I noted that the digital display is showing a series of dots where
there should be numerals in the frequency display.
I get frequencies for three seconds when I turn the tuning dial but
they vanish into dots again.
Anyone encounter this? Solutions please?
Thank you,
Mike