RadioBanter

-   -   1L6 vacuum tube (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/124515-1l6-vacuum-tube.html)

Steve September 3rd 07 12:29 PM

1L6 vacuum tube

I've toyed with the idea of picking up a Zenith Transoceanic. I'd like
to have a nice, old tube radio in my living room for listening to my
favorite AM stations. However, I'm deterred by the fact that the 1L6
vacuum tube is relatively rare and very expensive.

What the normal life span of a 1L6 in a Transoceanic?

Steve

dxAce September 3rd 07 01:52 PM

1L6 vacuum tube

Steve wrote:

I've toyed with the idea of picking up a Zenith Transoceanic. I'd like
to have a nice, old tube radio in my living room for listening to my
favorite AM stations. However, I'm deterred by the fact that the 1L6
vacuum tube is relatively rare and very expensive.

What the normal life span of a 1L6 in a Transoceanic?

Have you asked over at rec.antiques.radio+phono?

There's probably some folks over there that would know.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Harry7 September 3rd 07 01:54 PM

1L6 vacuum tube

SOLID STATE REPLACEMENT

http://www.antiqueradios.com/marc/1l6.html

[email protected] September 3rd 07 07:04 PM

1L6 vacuum tube

Nothing is new about transistor replacements for vacuum tubes.Dates back
to at least the 1960s.I have an old Popular Science magazine floatin
around here somewhere which has an article about that.y'all ever hard of
almost no heat blue vaccum tubes before? Yep, I have an old Popular
Science magazine article about that, floatin around here somewhere too.I
wish I could get them wimmins next door to ''vacuum'' me.
cuhulin

D Peter Maus September 4th 07 01:59 AM

1L6 vacuum tube

dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

I've toyed with the idea of picking up a Zenith Transoceanic. I'd like
to have a nice, old tube radio in my living room for listening to my
favorite AM stations. However, I'm deterred by the fact that the 1L6
vacuum tube is relatively rare and very expensive.

What the normal life span of a 1L6 in a Transoceanic?

Have you asked over at rec.antiques.radio+phono?

There's probably some folks over there that would know.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

They can also offer a reliable solid state replacement that requires
no modification of the radio, a drop-in, that replaces 1l6.

There are such replacements for other T/O tubes, as well.