RadioBanter

-   -   A Radio That's Digital But Hardly Special (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/125869-radio-thats-digital-but-hardly-special.html)

[email protected] October 10th 07 02:09 AM

A Radio That's Digital But Hardly Special

"A Radio That's Digital But Hardly Special"

"That HD Radio name, for instance, was a weasely move by Ibiquity to
trade on the popularity of high-definition television... HD Radio's
FM signal is not CD quality, though its AM signal may someday approach
today's analog FM. I wouldn't know, because I still can't tune into a
digital AM station locally with an HD Radio."

http://www.courant.com/technology/hc...hnol ogy_util

or

http://tinyurl.com/35qexh

Words getting out that HD Radio is a sham - Ha! Ha! Eduardo!