RadioBanter

-   -   "Quality v. Quantity" (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/125890-quality-v-quantity.html)

[email protected] October 10th 07 12:16 PM

"Quality v. Quantity"

"When radio listeners ask for quality programming, the decision makers
hear quantity programming; hence, HD Radio and its smorgasbord of
insipid formats. When listeners, weary of pitiable audio processing
and pitch escalation on their terrestrial stations, ask for quality
audio - they hear quantity audio and they struggle to cram in more HD
side channels of auditory mediocrity."

http://gormanmediablog.blogspot.com/...-quantity.html

HD Radio is a virtual sewer of formats.

Smokey[_2_] October 10th 07 02:54 PM

"Quality v. Quantity"

Very well stated!

When I was a kid we had 3 TV stations to watch and there was always
something on that we enjoyed. Now we have cable and satellite boasting
eighty channels and we spin the remote control like a roulette wheel before
just turning the damn thing off.

I think that is what radio is experiencing.

And sorry, digital fans, your digital audio sucks.

RHF October 11th 07 08:45 AM

"Quality v. Quantity"

On Oct 10, 6:54 am, "Smokey" wrote:
Very well stated!

- When I was a kid we had 3 TV stations to watch and there
- was always something on that we enjoyed. Now we have
- cable and satellite boasting eighty channels and we spin
- the remote control like a roulette wheel before just turning
- the damn thing off.

"Is That All There Is?? -by- Peggy Lee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-hiDMpcN9Y

I think that is what radio is experiencing.

And sorry, digital fans, your digital audio sucks.

"When radio listeners ask for quality programming, the decision makers
hear quantity programming; hence, HD Radio and its smorgasbord of
insipid formats. When listeners, weary of pitiable audio processing
and pitch escalation on their terrestrial stations, ask for quality
audio - they hear quantity audio and they struggle to cram in more HD
side channels of auditory mediocrity."

http://gormanmediablog.blogspot.com/...-quantity.html

HD Radio is a virtual sewer of formats.- Hide quoted text -

BDK[_3_] October 11th 07 07:40 PM

"Quality v. Quantity"

In article .com, rhf-
says...
On Oct 10, 6:54 am, "Smokey" wrote:
[...]

There's more good stuff on TV than ever.

How old are you?

BDK
A few years from AARP membership.