RadioBanter

-   -   4394.5 khz usb (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/126051-4394-5-khz-usb.html)

Steve October 15th 07 04:12 AM

4394.5 khz usb

Anyone listening right now? Strange. Male speaking Spanish. Sounds
like a broadcast, not a private conversation, and yet it's in usb.
Anyone know what this is?

Steve
Brooklyn, NY

Steve October 15th 07 04:16 AM

4394.5 khz usb

On Oct 14, 11:12 pm, Steve wrote:
Anyone listening right now? Strange. Male speaking Spanish. Sounds
like a broadcast, not a private conversation, and yet it's in usb.
Anyone know what this is?

Steve
Brooklyn, NY

Now playing "Goldfinger" theme.

Steve October 15th 07 04:18 AM

4394.5 khz usb

On Oct 14, 11:12 pm, Steve wrote:
Anyone listening right now? Strange. Male speaking Spanish. Sounds
like a broadcast, not a private conversation, and yet it's in usb.
Anyone know what this is?

Steve
Brooklyn, NY

Signal getting stronger. Currently S7.

msg October 15th 07 05:03 AM

4394.5 khz usb

Steve wrote:

On Oct 14, 11:12 pm, Steve wrote:

Anyone listening right now? Strange. Male speaking Spanish. Sounds
like a broadcast, not a private conversation, and yet it's in usb.
Anyone know what this is?

Steve
Brooklyn, NY

Signal getting stronger. Currently S7.

English weather report for Central America on this freq. S9 in No. MN.
at 23:00 CDT

Michael

BTW, you can listen to my audio with Unreal Media at cybertheque.org
using alias 'HF_rcvr'

Michael

msg October 15th 07 05:10 AM

4394.5 khz usb

msg wrote:

Steve wrote:

On Oct 14, 11:12 pm, Steve wrote:

Anyone listening right now? Strange. Male speaking Spanish. Sounds
like a broadcast, not a private conversation, and yet it's in usb.
Anyone know what this is?

Steve
Brooklyn, NY

Signal getting stronger. Currently S7.

English weather report for Central America on this freq. S9 in No. MN.
at 23:00 CDT

Dead air right after this since 23:05; it is now 23:10.

Michael

dxAce October 15th 07 11:00 AM

4394.5 khz usb

Steve wrote:

Anyone listening right now? Strange. Male speaking Spanish. Sounds
like a broadcast, not a private conversation, and yet it's in usb.
Anyone know what this is?

Nice catch! It is apparently a relay from Valencia, Spain for Spanish military
folks.

Per reports it is a relay of Onda Cero Radio, Madrid, and is due to 'football
fever' as Spain is in the running for some sort of Championship.

For more info on this, check out the DXLD Yahoo Group, or World of Radio dot
com.

Won't be on forever, so enjoy!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

msg October 15th 07 03:53 PM

4394.5 khz usb

dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

Anyone listening right now? Strange. Male speaking Spanish. Sounds
like a broadcast, not a private conversation, and yet it's in usb.
Anyone know what this is?

Nice catch! It is apparently a relay from Valencia, Spain for Spanish military
folks.

Per reports it is a relay of Onda Cero Radio, Madrid, and is due to 'football
fever' as Spain is in the running for some sort of Championship.

Huh? I heard the Spanish within a few minutes of the O.P. and then it reverted
to an English weather report for the Caribbean and then went silent.

Any clarifications are appreciated ;)

Michael

Steve October 15th 07 04:20 PM

4394.5 khz usb

On Oct 15, 10:53 am, msg wrote:
dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

Anyone listening right now? Strange. Male speaking Spanish. Sounds
like a broadcast, not a private conversation, and yet it's in usb.
Anyone know what this is?

Nice catch! It is apparently a relay from Valencia, Spain for Spanish military
folks.

Per reports it is a relay of Onda Cero Radio, Madrid, and is due to 'football
fever' as Spain is in the running for some sort of Championship.

Huh? I heard the Spanish within a few minutes of the O.P. and then it reverted
to an English weather report for the Caribbean and then went silent.

Any clarifications are appreciated ;)

Michael

I didn't listen too long because I had to get some sleep.

Here's a link to what the DX Listening Digest says (thanks to DxAce
for pointing this out):

http://www.w4uvh.net/dxlatest.txt

Scroll down about 2/3 of the way to the bottom.

I don't know why they'd have thrown a little English in there or a
Caribbean weather forecast (Spanish naval exercise?), but my guess is
that it was this broadcast from Spain.

dxAce October 16th 07 12:10 AM

4394.5 khz usb

msg wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

Anyone listening right now? Strange. Male speaking Spanish. Sounds
like a broadcast, not a private conversation, and yet it's in usb.
Anyone know what this is?

Nice catch! It is apparently a relay from Valencia, Spain for Spanish military
folks.

Per reports it is a relay of Onda Cero Radio, Madrid, and is due to 'football
fever' as Spain is in the running for some sort of Championship.

Huh? I heard the Spanish within a few minutes of the O.P. and then it reverted
to an English weather report for the Caribbean and then went silent.

Any clarifications are appreciated ;)

I believe the weather report you were hearing is actually on 4395 vs. the 4394.5
frequency that the relay mentioned above was on.

dxAce
Michigan
USA