RadioBanter

-   -   How to reset a DX-392 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/126419-how-reset-dx-392-a.html)

kc8slz October 27th 07 01:45 AM

How to reset a DX-392

Hello all,
I know this is an old radio and topic,but,it is new to me.
I picked up mint DX-392 not too long ago,and want to eliminate the
muting while tuning around the shortwave bands.I have found several
different ways to do this,but each one requires a reset of the radio
as an end step.This is where the problem is,my DX-392 DOES NOT have a
reset button or switch ( I have disassembled the radio just to make
sure ),however,the boards are marked "Sangean ATS-818CS".
Does any one know how to reset this radio?, and what is the proper mod
to get rid of the muting.
Thank you for your time.
Paul.

RHF October 27th 07 03:14 AM

How To Question : Reseting the RadioShack DX-392 / Sangean ATS-818CS Radios

On Oct 26, 5:45 pm, kc8slz wrote:
Hello all,
I know this is an old radio and topic,but,it is new to me.
I picked up mint DX-392 not too long ago,and want to eliminate the
muting while tuning around the shortwave bands.I have found several
different ways to do this,but each one requires a reset of the radio
as an end step.This is where the problem is,my DX-392 DOES NOT have a
reset button or switch ( I have disassembled the radio just to make
sure ),however,the boards are marked "Sangean ATS-818CS".
Does any one know how to reset this radio?, and what is the proper mod
to get rid of the muting.
Thank you for your time.
Paul.

Paul [KC8SLZ],

How To Question : Reseting the RadioShack DX-392 Radio
/ Sangean ATS-818CS Radio

1 - Remove the Batteries from the Radio for 24 Hours.

2 - After Step # 1 Above - Place a Wire Jumper 'across' the
Radio's '+' and '-' Battery Input Terminals for 3~5 Minutes.

3 - Remove the Jumper; Install the Batteries and Re-Test
the Radio for operation and function.

FAQs for the Sangean ATS-818ACS Radio {HELP}
http://www.sangean.com/faqreq.php?mo...&submit=Submit
-READ- Question : My Radio Seems To Have A Scrambled Brain
- - - What Can I Do ?

RadioShack DX-392 Radio - Owner's Manual {PDF}
http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc62/62173.pdf
-READ- Page # 36 - Reseting the Radio

INFO - RadioShack DX-392 PLL All-Band Portable Receiver
w/Cassette Recorder (RadioShack Catalog # 200-0219)
http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...onics/8180.htm
* Features
* Hints and Tips
* Operation
* Specifications
* PDF Files
* Owner's Manual
* Exploded Views/Parts List
* Detailed Parts List
* Main View

[email protected] October 27th 19 07:07 PM

On Friday, October 26, 2007 at 10:14:03 PM UTC-4, RHF wrote:
On Oct 26, 5:45 pm, kc8slz wrote:
[...]

.
.
Beyond that Ask Sangean USA = http://www.sangean.com/

Sangean ATS-818ACS AM/FM /SW Cass. Recording Radio
http://www.sangean.com/product.php?model=ATS-818ACS

Sangean ATS-818ACS Radio - Owner's Manual {PDF}
http://www.sangean.com/downloads/man...818ACS_MAN.pdf

Sangean Tech Support : 1-888-SANGEAN (726-4326)
{This is a Toll Free 800 #}

eMail To Sangean Tech Support :
.
.
PLUS - There is the Sangean ATS-818 CS Owner/Users Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sangean818cs/
Info & Help for the RadioShack DX-392 and DX-390 Radios;
and the Sangean ATS-818 and ATS818CS Radios.

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF
.

No need for all that, There is a reset button inside the battery compartment. Push and hold a few seconds