RadioBanter

-   -   Diego Garcia 4319 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/127107-diego-garcia-4319-a.html)

dxAce November 15th 07 12:55 AM

Diego Garcia 4319

AFN, Diego Garcia, 4319U, heard here at 0045 with NPR programming. Parallel
10320U, Hawaii.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Burr November 15th 07 01:57 AM

Diego Garcia 4319

"dxAce" wrote in message
AFN, Diego Garcia, 4319U, heard here at 0045 with NPR programming.
Parallel
10320U, Hawaii.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I have never been able to pick up AFN from here(PHIL) or from Ridgecrest
Cal.

I have tried everything, I should be able to get Diego, Guam and Hawaii but
nothing, ever.

Burr

[email protected] November 15th 07 07:39 PM

Diego Garcia 4319

On Nov 14, 5:57 pm, "Burr" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

AFN, Diego Garcia, 4319U, heard here at 0045 with NPR programming.
Parallel
10320U, Hawaii.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I have never been able to pick up AFN from here(PHIL) or from Ridgecrest
Cal.

I have tried everything, I should be able to get Diego, Guam and Hawaii but
nothing, ever.

Burr

I'm getting 10320Usb around S3 at 11:30AM PST. Last night I had AFN on
5446.5usb. For some reason, the myafn website server is down, so I
don't know the location of the latter.

dxAce November 15th 07 07:49 PM

Diego Garcia 4319

wrote:

On Nov 14, 5:57 pm, "Burr" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

AFN, Diego Garcia, 4319U, heard here at 0045 with NPR programming.
Parallel
10320U, Hawaii.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I have never been able to pick up AFN from here(PHIL) or from Ridgecrest
Cal.

I have tried everything, I should be able to get Diego, Guam and Hawaii but
nothing, ever.

Burr

I'm getting 10320Usb around S3 at 11:30AM PST. Last night I had AFN on
5446.5usb. For some reason, the myafn website server is down, so I
don't know the location of the latter.

Florida.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Burr November 16th 07 03:57 AM

AFN {Shortwave} Diego Garcia + Plus AFN and AFRTS Shortwave Info

"RHF"
- The Pearl Harbor broadcast 10320U should be doable from
- Ridgecrest since it isn't a problem from the SF Bay area.
- I don't believe the signals are that directional.

True heard here daily both in Oakland and Twain Harte, California

- AFN to my ear is a wideband USB.
- That is it is worth using a wider
- than normal filter on the signal.

True -if- You have a good signal AFN has some very good audio.

- I get a kick hearing the car-talk guys on AFN.
- Even sideband can't kill their accent.

and that is True too ~ RHF

REMEMBER, I'm in the Philippines right now!!!!!

Burr

But, I couldn't get them in Ridgecrest, I tried many times!

Burr