RadioBanter

-   -   SUPERADIO (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/128053-superadio.html)

No Name December 9th 07 05:10 PM

SUPERADIO

I finally broke down and got the new (GE) RCA Superadio.

Best price $33+S&H from an eBay retailer.

Haven't heard such good sound since the days of console radio.

I'm in southern Arizona, and on the first nite,
got L.A., San Fran, Salt Lake City, Denver, Albequerque, Dallas, etc.

I'm planning a long-wire for the roof now.

I can see why the dial isn't illuminated.....
at best, its freq marks are a bad guess.
And, it seems China hasn't mastered a sturdy volume control yet.

C Crane advertises an "improvement mod" for this radio.
Anyone familiar with it ?

rj

Francesco L. December 9th 07 05:45 PM

SUPERADIO

Uhm, for a wee bit more you could buy a Degen DE 1103, an excellent short
wave radio with digital display, great sensitivity and more and more,
including ssb, timer and so on.
Do you know this model? It is spreading fast among sw listeners here in
Italy. I have one and I'm an happy owner.

RHF December 10th 07 12:41 AM

SUPERADIO

On Dec 9, 9:10 am, "RJ" wrote:
I finally broke down and got the new (GE) RCA Superadio.

Best price $33+S&H from an eBay retailer.

Haven't heard such good sound since the days of console radio.

I'm in southern Arizona, and on the first nite,
got L.A., San Fran, Salt Lake City, Denver, Albequerque, Dallas, etc.

I'm planning a long-wire for the roof now.

I can see why the dial isn't illuminated.....
at best, its freq marks are a bad guess.
And, it seems China hasn't mastered a sturdy volume control yet.

C Crane advertises an "improvement mod" for this radio.
Anyone familiar with it ?

rj

RJ - Enjoy Your Super-Radio ! :o) ~ RHF