RadioBanter

-   -   Grundig Satellit 750 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/129184-grundig-satellit-750-a.html)

3D January 7th 08 12:54 AM

Grundig Satellit 750

For those who have not heard of this new radio.....a couple of links.

http://gizmodo.com/341112/grundig-et...-yes-shortwave

http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card...uctDbId=351064

Looks pretty cool. I like the analog S meter. I understand it has DSP
but no Sync. Will be interesting to hear how it does.

Dave

Kenwoods: 950sdx, 2000le
Drakes: R8A, TR7, R4C
Others: E1, R30cc, HQ180a

RHF January 7th 08 02:03 AM

Grundig Satellit 750

http://gizmodo.com/341112/grundig-et...rtwave-radio-y...

http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card...uctDbId=351064

*Looks pretty cool. I like the analog S meter. I understand it has DSP
but no Sync. Will be interesting to hear how it does.

Dave

Kenwoods: 950sdx, 2000le
Drakes: R8A, TR7, R4C
Others: E1, R30cc, HQ180a

Dave - Good News -but- I personally will miss the AM-Sync. ~ RHF

Rob Dunn January 7th 08 03:36 AM

Grundig Satellit 750

It seems to me that it may be possible that a sync detector function is
implimented in the DSP code. Thoughts?

frank halaburak January 7th 08 03:46 AM

Grundig Satellit 750

"3D" wrote in message
For those who have not heard of this new radio.....a couple of links.

http://gizmodo.com/341112/grundig-et...-yes-shortwave

http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card...uctDbId=351064

Looks pretty cool. I like the analog S meter. I understand it has DSP
but no Sync. Will be interesting to hear how it does.

Dave

Kenwoods: 950sdx, 2000le
Drakes: R8A, TR7, R4C
Others: E1, R30cc, HQ180a

Hi Dave, Thanks for the link ! good DX to you for 2008

msg January 7th 08 05:20 AM

Grundig Satellit 750

Rob Dunn wrote:

It seems to me that it may be possible that a sync detector function is
implimented in the DSP code. Thoughts?

Presumably it is not SDR; how would you do this in a DSP stage at
audio frequencies (after demodulation)? A pseudo sync-detection
by autolocking the BFO when an AM carrier is tuned is conceivable,
but wouldn't you think that such a feature would be mentioned?

Regards,

Michael

Charly January 7th 08 11:16 AM

Grundig Satellit 750

Happy new year !!

Too bad it has no Sync Detect. How is it possible for a radio of that
class ? Perhaps to push poeple how want this feature toward the E1 ?

Btw, where is it build ?

Charly

Denis January 7th 08 02:42 PM

Grundig Satellit 750

3D a écrit :
For those who have not heard of this new radio.....a couple of links.

http://gizmodo.com/341112/grundig-et...-yes-shortwave

http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card...uctDbId=351064

Looks pretty cool. I like the analog S meter. I understand it has DSP
but no Sync. Will be interesting to hear how it does.

Dave

Kenwoods: 950sdx, 2000le
Drakes: R8A, TR7, R4C
Others: E1, R30cc, HQ180a

Thx for the links.

PDF specification file mentions a 12K AM output socket. Do you think
like me that it is to plug into the sound card of a computer to
demodulate radio transmitted in digital mode (ex : DRM) ? If so, this
gives the interest to this receiver !

--
Denis.

Steve January 7th 08 04:19 PM

Grundig Satellit 750

On Jan 7, 9:42*am, Denis yapadadresse@ici wrote:
3D a écrit :

For those who have not heard of this new radio.....a couple of links.

http://gizmodo.com/341112/grundig-et...rtwave-radio-y...

http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card...uctDbId=351064

*Looks pretty cool. I like the analog S meter. I understand it has DSP
but no Sync. Will be interesting to hear how it does.

Dave

Kenwoods: 950sdx, 2000le
Drakes: R8A, TR7, R4C
Others: E1, R30cc, HQ180a

Thx for the links.

PDF specification file mentions a 12K AM output socket. Do you think
like me that it is to plug into the sound card of a computer to
demodulate radio transmitted in digital mode (ex : DRM) ? If so, this
gives the interest to this receiver !

--
Denis.- Hide quoted text -

DRM? Wow...are they *still* doing that? I guess no one can say they
didn't try!

RHF January 7th 08 05:49 PM

Grundig Satellit 750

On Jan 7, 6:42*am, Denis yapadadresse@ici wrote:
3D a écrit :

For those who have not heard of this new radio.....a couple of links.

http://gizmodo.com/341112/grundig-et...rtwave-radio-y...

http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card...uctDbId=351064

*Looks pretty cool. I like the analog S meter. I understand it has DSP
but no Sync. Will be interesting to hear how it does.

Dave

Kenwoods: 950sdx, 2000le
Drakes: R8A, TR7, R4C
Others: E1, R30cc, HQ180a

Thx for the links.

PDF specification file mentions a 12K AM output socket. Do you think
like me that it is to plug into the sound card of a computer to
demodulate radio transmitted in digital mode (ex : DRM) ? If so, this
gives the interest to this receiver !

--
Denis.- Hide quoted text -

The Grundig Satellit 750 Radio appears to be a smaller
{down-sized} version of the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium
Radio; with fewer features and a Lower Price. ~ RHF

Telamon January 8th 08 04:10 AM

Grundig Satellit 750

http://gizmodo.com/341112/grundig-et...radio-yes-shor
twave

http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card...uctDbId=351064

Looks pretty cool. I like the analog S meter. I understand it has DSP
but no Sync. Will be interesting to hear how it does.

Dave

Kenwoods: 950sdx, 2000le
Drakes: R8A, TR7, R4C
Others: E1, R30cc, HQ180a

Thx for the links.

PDF specification file mentions a 12K AM output socket. Do you think
like me that it is to plug into the sound card of a computer to
demodulate radio transmitted in digital mode (ex : DRM) ? If so, this
gives the interest to this receiver !

Most of the few DRM transmissions can also be heard in analog so why
would you listen to them in DRM? DRM sounds like crap.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California