RadioBanter

-   -   Spanish numberstation last night (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/129226-spanish-numberstation-last-night.html)

Michael January 7th 08 11:19 PM

Spanish numberstation last night

Did anybody else hear the Spanish numbers station last night at 6:00 UTC
that was coming in under Pastor Peters on WWCR 5890 ??? The numbers station
had a zero beat on 5887, but in AM it was clearly audible under 5890. The
signal strength of this signal was actually startling. Here in North NJ, I
was receiving it as a 20+ on the R75 and randomwire. Not even the Sackville
relays come in here that strong. It was killing Peters on WWCR #4, although
that was a good strong signal also. I've heard dozens of number stations,
but never one that sounded like a local MW station.

WOW !

Michael

Telamon January 8th 08 07:31 AM

Spanish numberstation last night

In article ,
"Michael" wrote:

Did anybody else hear the Spanish numbers station last night at 6:00 UTC
that was coming in under Pastor Peters on WWCR 5890 ??? The numbers station
had a zero beat on 5887, but in AM it was clearly audible under 5890. The
signal strength of this signal was actually startling. Here in North NJ, I
was receiving it as a 20+ on the R75 and randomwire. Not even the Sackville
relays come in here that strong. It was killing Peters on WWCR #4, although
that was a good strong signal also. I've heard dozens of number stations,
but never one that sounded like a local MW station.

Not last night but on other recent evenings they have been 5KHz down
from 5890 and as strong as WWCR. In other words they sounded like a
local station.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Michael January 8th 08 07:24 PM

Spanish numberstation last night

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Michael" wrote:

[...]

Thanx. If your in CA and copied it as strongly as I did, I'd guess that is
an indication that there is a lot of juice behind it and not necessarily a
result of it being very close to me as I initially thought. I've heard
dozens of numbers stations but the frequency and strength of this one is
extraordinary.

Michael
New Jersey
R75