RadioBanter

-   -   Sporadic E Opening on 26 MHz 20 UT Jan 8 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/129266-re-sporadic-e-opening-26-mhz-20-ut-jan-8-a.html)

Jim Shaffer January 8th 08 11:26 PM

Sporadic E Opening on 26 MHz 20 UT Jan 8

All afternoon yesterday and all afternoon today the CB band was open
from the southern US to Pennsylvania. Granted, a lot of these people
were probably using illegal power levels, but they were really booming
in. Today just about every channel was occupied.

I heard a few faint 10m ham conversations yesterday and a few loud
ones today.

Yesterday I didn't hear any 11m out-of-band CBers, today I did.

Yesterday I checked the entire band for FM broadcast links and heard
nothing. Today I forgot to check but I wish I had since other signals
were stronger today.