Old January 27th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar

Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar, 11735, English news via Spice-FM noted at 1800.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 28th 08, 10:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
MER MER is offline

dxAce what kind of set-up are you using? I am in Ohio. Forgive the
stupid questions but what is "Spice-FM"

Thanks

Old January 28th 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

MER wrote:

dxAce what kind of set-up are you using? I am in Ohio. Forgive the
stupid questions but what is "Spice-FM"

At the time I was using my work-hosre Drake R8 with a 200' W-E wire.

Spice FM is an English FM station. RTZ relays their news at 1800, but not every
day apparently.

Thanks

Old January 28th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Junior Member

On Jan 27, 1:01 pm, dxAce wrote:
Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar, 11735, English news via Spice-FM noted at 1800.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Nice catch of the 1800 -- I have been unable to
get that one lately due to high noise levels here....
but a few months ago was able to...
Old January 28th 08, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxace1 wrote:

On Jan 27, 1:01 pm, dxAce wrote:
Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar, 11735, English news via Spice-FM noted at 1800.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Nice catch of the 1800 -- I have been unable to
get that one lately due to high noise levels here....
but a few months ago was able to...

Propagation has been very poor for the 1800 English. As you know Dan, the signal
generally improves after that with some great music prior to their 2100 sign off, so
I'll mention that for the benefit of others.