RadioBanter

-   -   Just got Terk AM Loop/SuperRadio III (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/130129-re-just-got-terk-am-loop-superradio-iii.html)

David[_5_] February 5th 08 01:52 PM

Just got Terk AM Loop/SuperRadio III

Count Floyd wrote:
On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 09:42:44 UTC, BCBlazysusan
wrote:

On Feb 3, 10:11ÿpm, "Count Floyd"
wrote:
Just got this combo for Christmas, hooked it up and am getting
hundreds of stations never even dreamed of coming in almost like
locals. ÿI am in SE Florida, one mile from the Ocean in Hobe Sound,
and am picking up WBZ 1030, WCBS 880(nulling out Radio Progresso),
WPHT 1210, WINS 1010 in NYC and a host of other East Coast stations. ÿ
Seems like a great combo.
--

Congratulations Count, pretty exciting isn't it? I fired up my old RCA
Victor 'Strato-World' yesterday coupled with my penta-loop. Can you

Thanks,
Yes, can pick up WLW in Cinncy very well, as well as WBBM out of
Chicago. Also picking up WSB Atlanta, WBT in Charlotte. Looking to
see how many stations and states East of the Mississippi that I can
DX.

There's a challenge...

Ron Hardin February 5th 08 10:38 PM

Just got Terk AM Loop/SuperRadio III

Actually the loop does less good the better the radio is,
not that it's ever useless.

But the SRIII already has a pretty good impedance match to
free space, and so it can't be improved as much as a worse
radio, by the loop.

The time to check it is in the daytime. At night all signals
are strong, loop or no loop. Selectivity pays more than
sensitivity at night.